This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job, gents!

Looking for to have the copy here as well!
    BR,
    Chris

Comment

No doubt in my mind that this is going to be an excellent supplementary volume and i cannot wait to get a copy.

Many thanks to Norm and John for your efforts here.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Just got my books, great books, I started this hobby collecting daggers not medals and badges, these books will help anyone who collects, great work.
        Last edited by Ralph Arndt; 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Volume 3 is now ready for pre-publication. If you want to take advantage of the lower pre-publication price and free shipping insided the continental USA, please order between now and end of February.

Dietrich
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John R.; 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Looks great, i have just sent in my order on one

Andy

Comment

After some feedback from collectors and thinking about it again (the book has 216 pages which is more than some "I cover it all"-book can show) we decided to rename it to "Volume III".

Best regards,

Dietrich
              Last edited by John R.; 02-01-2013, 12:18 PM.
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I would just like to clarify that Volume III is not a revision of the first two volumes. There are some minor errata and badge nomenclature changes to the English version (for example the Schickle-Mayer-Zimmerman connection already discussed on this forum) but primarily the goal was to add additional badges for the collector to have as references.

So between the the first two volumes and this, the third volume, most of the Kriegsmarine badges are covered.

The format is the same and thanks to the many collectors who helped on this project and of course to Sascha and Gerd.

John

Comment

D*mn! More badges to buy.
                  JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                    JAndrew
                    Now you don't have to buy the badges anymore. You can just study them on paper - much cheaper!

Best regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by JAndrew View Post
                      JAndrew

Think how many fakes you avoid

John

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                        Now you don't have to buy the badges anymore. You can just study them on paper - much cheaper!

Best regards,
                        ---Norm

Hehe

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
                          Think how many fakes you avoid

John

Right

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                            After some feedback from collectors and thinking about it again (the book has 216 pages which is more than some "I cover it all"-book can show) we decided to rename it to "Volume III".

Best regards,

Dietrich
                            Does that delay the release date as previously estimated when it wasn't going to be Vol III?

Comment

John and Norm,
                              Very, very true. And I must admit the first two volumes have already paid for themselves in the short time they have been out in avoided fakes at shows when I did not have the luxury of the internet to check things out.

I do wish Dietrich would consider putting the photo data base on to a disc or ap that we could load on to an I-Pad. That would be great to have at shows to walk around with. I'd pay a couple hundred for that because it would pay for itself in just avoiding one bad badge.

JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                                Does that delay the release date as previously estimated when it wasn't going to be Vol III?
                                No, it doesn't. It will still be soft-bound like a magazine and will be available end of February and at the SOS.

I do wish Dietrich would consider putting the photo data base on to a disc or ap that we could load on to an I-Pad. That would be great to have at shows to walk around with. I'd pay a couple hundred for that because it would pay for itself in just avoiding one bad badge.
                                I would love to do that and I see the huge benefit in it! However, it only takes one crook to copy it and put it for free on a website outside of the jurisdiction of the civilizied world and the damage - for me at least- is done. Google already allows crooks to copy pictures and stolen articles to be put on the net under the dubious pretense of "fair use" and "public domain."
                                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X