This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Thanks again for sharing the pic´s! You have a really good collection!

I also have a few Fallschirmjäger konvolus but no time to scann them, but I found a few on my old computer and those I want to show you! Please excuse the copy security!

cheers Buckeru

1) This are 3 Albums of the a "Fallschirmjäger" with more than 500 pic´s.He has been in "Kanal of Korinth" and with Ramke in Afrika.

Comment

2)
      This is the Fallschirmjäger and one friend!

Comment

1)

Comment

The pic with the flag has been taken 1940.It is the Standarte of the die FALLSCHIRM-J******196;GER-REGIMENT 1. at the parade after the"dutch campain"

the guy on the pic is Feldwebel Helmut Gustav G******214;RTZ he is wearing the Ritterkreuz

Last edited by Buckeru; 05-06-2006, 02:24 PM.

Comment

One is a grave of an Fallschirmj******228;ger in Afrika (Have a look at the unit-->7.Sturmkomp. Fallsch. Jg. Lehr Btl) and on the other pic are paratroopers with Ramcke!!

Last edited by Buckeru; 05-06-2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Howdy Buckeru,

Thanks and you have some Great photos yourself. Thanks for sharing them with us. - Bill

Here is a recent arrival
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 05-10-2006, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bubu1
                  The pic with the flag has been taken 1940.It is the Standarte of the die FALLSCHIRM-JÄGER-REGIMENT 1. at the parade after the"dutch campain"

the guy on the pic is Feldwebel Helmut Gustav GÖRTZ he is wearing the Ritterkreuz
                  I would guess that this photo of I./FJR1 was taken much later than 6.40. I don't believe that splinter pattern smocks existed at that time. I would think sometime in late 1940 at the earliest. GÖRTZ was with 3./FJR1. I love the photo with the LPG GG fahne. FJR1 was quite unique in that the 3 Batl's each carried a different flag. I./ the LPG GG flag, II./ the Infanterie flag and III./ the standard yellow flying personnel flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen
                    I would guess that this photo of I./FJR1 was taken much later than 6.40. I don't believe that splinter pattern smocks existed at that time. I would think sometime in late 1940 at the earliest. GÖRTZ was with 3./FJR1. I love the photo with the LPG GG fahne. FJR1 was quite unique in that the 3 Batl's each carried a different flag. I./ the LPG GG flag, II./ the Infanterie flag and III./ the standard yellow flying personnel flag.
                    The man with the flag surely is GÖRTZ. He was zugfuhrer and dropped with his zug in Zwijndrecht in order to take the Kil Bridges between Zwijndrecht and Dordrecht. From there they overrun the Dutch 86 AA-Mg plt. on the Zwijndrecht side, next some guards on the Kil-bridge, and on the Dordrecht side of the bridge took out 85 AA-Mg plt. He and his men then holt on till 2. and 4./Fjr1 came to the rescue. Regarding the fierce fighting that followed a well diserved RK.

Cheers

Comment

I would guess that this photo of I./FJR1 was taken much later than 6.40. I don't believe that splinter pattern smocks existed at that time. I would think sometime in late 1940 at the earliest.
                      Hi Eric,

It however is mentiont by Dutch troops that the Fallschirmjagers worn camouflage cloths. I've never seen a picture of it, but perhaps the green knochensack was regarded as "camouflage".

The picture is NOT taken in Holland, regarding the letters on the cornerbuilding, looking " Sutherlin" to me, and the streetname (mid foto top) ain't Dutch. I'm sure this picture was taken in Germany.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ypenburg
                        It however is mentiont by Dutch troops that the Fallschirmjagers worn camouflage cloths. I've never seen a picture of it, but perhaps the green knochensack was regarded as "camouflage".
                        I would have to see that to believe it Hugo.

Comment

Hello guys
                          Would it help if I post more pics of the parade! I have over 600 pics of this Fallschirmjägrt guy!

mfg Bubu

Comment

I would like to see more from Afrika, bitte sehr.
                            John
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I would guess that this photo of I./FJR1 was taken much later than 6.40. I don't believe that splinter pattern smocks existed at that time. I would think sometime in late 1940 at the earliest.
                              Totally agree Eric.

As for camo smocks in Holland, we know that some green smocks were "hand" camo'ed in early 1940. Perhaps these were the ones seen, and combat photos of them just have not surfaced yet.

Regards,
                              John
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello

I looked at the albums now and the parade should have been in germany because the the stores in the background have shields with german text!

Here another pic from afrika: Ramcke is honoring two Fallschirmj******228;ger for braveness in battle!And the other one is one more from the parade!

cheers Buckeru /Bubu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X