This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W Petz
    Think again!! Not everyone wanted to Jump out of an Airplane!! same thing applies today!!
    Later on or after crete they where not jumping out of planes as much.fighting more as elite infantry troops!,and they could have both joined the whermacht instead.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 02-20-2006, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Not jumping out of planes that much on combat jumps after Crete but they were still conducting jump training exercises and the jump schools in Germany and France.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger
      Later on or after crete they where not jumping out of planes as much.fighting more as elite infantry troops!!,and they could have both joined the whermacht instead.
      Here is a negative I found mixed in with some of my photos. FJ Rgt 2 Memorial on Crete
      Attached Files

Comment

Big Cross

Pass
        Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 02-27-2006, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Here are a few more recent arrivals for my FJ photo box. FJ posing with two brothers.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by W Petz; 02-21-2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Several FJ in a position somewhere in Russia.
            Attached Files

Comment

Two very exhausted FJ on Crete
              Attached Files

Comment

a small section of FJ relaxing somewhere on Crete. Notice the FJ Gravity knife just above the P for Petz. The FJ above that also has a dotted scarf popular with the FJ.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great pics !

My grandfather served at Ypenburg as a sergeant..
                  I always loved his stories.
                  He was a bit older than the guys he worked with.
                  One of the things he told was that they were hiding in a ditch when the para's were dropped and that they were shooting at them,but while still in the air some of these guys were shooting back..
                  One of my grandfather's men was hit on the side of the helmet and the rim rolled up like a corkscrew..,lucky bastard !
                  Then,at first,they took some of these para's prison and some of these guys had been very afraid and had their hands beaten by a K98..
                  They were afraid to jump and grabbed the plane,a few hits by the riffle made them jump.
                  Just humans,afraid,when the "enemy" is firing at you...
                  On the ground it was sharing fags..
                  After that it soon was over...Germans all over the place !

Jos.

Comment

Jos,

Thanks for the compliment and for sharing the story about your Grandfather. Bill

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté
                    Great pics !

My grandfather served at Ypenburg as a sergeant..
                    I always loved his stories.
                    He was a bit older than the guys he worked with.
                    One of the things he told was that they were hiding in a ditch when the para's were dropped and that they were shooting at them,but while still in the air some of these guys were shooting back..
                    One of my grandfather's men was hit on the side of the helmet and the rim rolled up like a corkscrew..,lucky bastard !
                    Then,at first,they took some of these para's prison and some of these guys had been very afraid and had their hands beaten by a K98..
                    They were afraid to jump and grabbed the plane,a few hits by the riffle made them jump.
                    Just humans,afraid,when the "enemy" is firing at you...
                    On the ground it was sharing fags..
                    After that it soon was over...Germans all over the place !

Jos.

Comment

Picture 275+crete Ones

That one in russia is new and very different from most seen,as do these candid ones by soldiers are,like relaxing passing the time away etc..wonder what part of russia and year it is ,north south central russia and maybe 42-44?.
                      The crete ones they do look very tired indeed,have seen this look in a few pictures taken on crete.

Comment

Here is another pic of FJ preparing to move out somewhere in Russia.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few pics of my FJ Photo Box that I refer to on occasion.
                          Attached Files

Comment

first look inside - most of the photos are in photo holders
                            Attached Files

Comment

some of the contents of the FJ box - This is just one of many boxes containing photos. I'm flying out today to meet up with my buddy Jeff Scott today and we will be hitting the SOS tomorrow. I will be coming back with alot more FJ photos to share with you all.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I Just got back today from Tennessee after visiting the SOS on Friday and Saturday. I picked up some really nice pics that I will be showing on various threads. Here are some of the FJ Photos I picked up!!

FJ General Meindl
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X