X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#43 Truck Driving School
    Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#44 Feldwebel is writing up a FJ....his Barrack Kameraden looking on with amusement.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by W Petz; 12-19-2008, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
        New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#44 Feldwebel is writing up a FJ with his Kameraden looking on and finding it a bit humorous.
        I wonder why Gefreite has no breast eagle on his tunic?

Comment

Originally posted by pimpf View Post
          I wonder why Gefreite has no breast eagle on his tunic?
          See here
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=326272

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#45
            Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Portrait - DEC#46
              Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ - DEC#47
                Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ - DEC#48
                  Attached Files

Comment

Fallschirmjäger Vehicles?

The early war vehicles the FJ had for use would have been the opel trucks and others?,kubelwagons and others and staff cars right.Oh and also those kettenrand type things and motorcycles too.But as airborne unit meant to be light,and only the motorcycles and kettenrands only things that came in the Ju52 early on.

Like later with the bigger planes some heavier things,but armoured cars and tanks came after crete right when fighting more as ground troops.Will try look up the info later on,just no books at this time close at hand.And do you have more FJ pictures of the FJ with there vehicles,tanks etc..,or there have been many and forgot,like ealry on the thread and such?.

Comment

New Arrival - FJ - DEC#49
                      Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ - DEC#50 - FJ wearing an unrecognizable cufftitle (FJ Regt or Afrika Korps?) and cloth FJ Badge
                        Attached Files

Comment

Giday Bill,

I think the Jäger on the left is wearing a regimental cuff title. I think the photograph was taken during the early part of the war and accordingly it is highly unlikely that the Jäger is wearing an Afrika Korps cuff title.

What do others think?

Best wishes,

Ian

Comment

Ian,

More than likely it is the Regimental CT and I wish it was a much sharper image. The Luftwaffe version of the Afrika Korps CT was worn on the same side which is the reason why I made my comment.
                            Thanks, Bill!!!

(Quote=Ian Tannahill;2999488]Giday Bill,

I think the Jäger on the left is wearing a regimental cuff title. I think the photograph was taken during the early part of the war and accordingly it is highly unlikely that the Jäger is wearing an Afrika Korps cuff title.

What do others think?

Best wishes,

Ian[/quote]
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                              Thanks. I went back and annotated locations. This thread is mostly about my new acquisitions and I post them when I get them...most have no writing on the reverse and I usually post that information when available.
                              Ok thanks for the info Bill,on the FJ and the trucks etc..pictures,they are para trained too,and then go on to this.Or other way around,but say if landed on crete fight as soldiers and then if vehicles later,drive them.Or just came in later on,or when say in other fronts like nth africa,italy,france etc..drove the vehicles for the unit in?.

Comment

Please check out some photos from my collection added to this thread...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...51001&page=105

I hope you enjoy them.
                                Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X