This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pictures

Yes Bill great pictures as always,on 987 is that training or on the frontlines as wearing caps?.And on the DEC# 20-22 whats that about,and a last one no late war pictures 1944/45 of the FJ in germany,,france,holland,belgium,italy,poland,balti c states ?.

Comment

New Arrival - FJ on Ski Trip Germany - DEC#23
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I went back and annotated locations. This thread is mostly about my new acquisitions and I post them when I get them...most have no writing on the reverse and I usually post that information when available.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
        Yes Bill great pictures as always,on 987 is that training or on the frontlines as wearing caps?.And on the DEC# 20-22 whats that about,and a last one no late war pictures 1944/45 of the FJ in germany,,france,holland,belgium,italy,poland,balti c states ?.

Comment

Erwin,

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoy them as much as I do. Bill

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
          Hello Bill

I'm always amazed by your new arrivals. Thanks for sharing all these nice pictures. I really enjoy looking this thread

regards Erwin

Comment

Giday Bill,

Thank you for sharing with us the new photographs that you have purchased.

The Jäger on the left of photo 987 is Ernst Simon. Ernst was a member of the 13th Kompanie of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 1. For more information concerning Ernst I suggest that you check out paes 268 to 272 of Chris Mason's excellent book entitled, "Soldat - Fallschirmjäger".

Best wishes,

Ian

Comment

Hello Ian,

It's a pleasure to share my photos on the forum...Cheers!!! I appreciate the info on #987 Ernst Simon. I have most of the Soldat series books signed by Cyrus Lee as we were both members of the Rhein-Neckar Military Historical Society in Germany. The one book I don't have is the Fallschirmjaeger book written by Chris Mason so I will have to pick up a copy some day.

Here are some more pics from my FJRgt1 pics. New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#23. A few more photos from the Radfahrer training school
              Attached Files
              Last edited by W Petz; 12-17-2008, 02:28 AM.

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#24
                Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#25
                  Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#26
                    Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#27
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic pics as allways Bill, just a quick question on post 998, the guy second from right, what is on his fliegerbluse above his jump badge? looks like several small badges/tokens?????

Comment

Paul,

They appear to be Winterhilfswerk (WHW) pin-on's. Thanks for the compliment....Here are a few more from FJR1

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#28

Originally posted by paulmfjr2 View Post
                          Fantastic pics as allways Bill, just a quick question on post 998, the guy second from right, what is on his fliegerbluse above his jump badge? looks like several small badges/tokens?????
                          Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#29
                            Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#30
                              Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - FJ Rgt 1 Stendal - DEC#31
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X