• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notes the same Greek War Cemetery posted above in early 1945
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
      I realized only in this moment Greek flag in your avatar Nco !!

and for you a special tribute to Greek soldiers that from 13/14 September (to mid-November 1944) joined by Canadians against German paratroopers, from Riccione to Cervia on the adriatic coast..

the greek badge because I saw that here in Rimini, although in British uniforms greeks used their "old" badges ....

this photo (by George Kaye) is dated , Rimini 21 September 1944!!!
      Hi mufasa,
      I know very well of this photo of the soldier with the side cap and the connection to a member.
      I am enjoying this thread more than ever now , like the Greek artifacts you are presenting.
      Keep up the good work.
      cheers
      NCO

Comment

and here we are 3/4 days before the great assault on the Gothic line, and even south of the Metauro river, against the Poles....
        Attached Files

Comment

Oriano, I always enjoy seeing updates to this thread. Have always wanted to visit this area.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
            Oriano, I always enjoy seeing updates to this thread. Have always wanted to visit this area.
            if you come Rimini Willi, there are not only go over again a month of battles between German paratroopers and the Allies in September 1944 ...... Rimini Rimini is always the same: sea, beach, sun, summer, holiday, a Las Vegas for families with children, a place for amazing food and wine, but above all friendly and hospitable people ....This they have learned immediately the German POW (nearly 150,000) in the camps on the beaches of Rimini Enklave in 1945 / 1946 ,
            and a few years later they returned as free men with their families on the Riviera and made the fortune and success of our coast....
            .. I wait for you ...

ciao Oriano

Comment

Oriano as always fascinating history.

Rene Chavez
              www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                Oriano as always fascinating history.

Rene Chavez
                www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com
                thanks Rene!
                ciao Oriano

Comment

oh yes.Great fashinating stories Oriano.Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by herrzark View Post
                    oh yes.Great fashinating stories Oriano.Thank you
                    Thanks Herrzak!
                    Ciao Oriano

Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Another of a paratrooper veteran (5 yaeears) fallen a week after the liberation of Rimini ...

"Rimini, September 28, 1944 so we are north of Bellaria, on the river Rubicone (or Fiumicino) against the Greeks and the New Zealanders
                      Attached Files

Comment

Two photos:

Greek soldiers in Bellaria on the mouth of the Uso river use,

and a Maori soldier in position with his Bren right on Fiumicino river, note the paratrooper helmet on his head
                        Attached Files

Comment

And a last photo for this "sterbebild", taken a couple of days before (September 25th) just south Bellaria (Nadiani house on the Pircio ditch, today there is a Camping): a Tiger of Pz.Abt. 508 that supported the paratroopers of the 1FJD
                          abandoned (a failure? without gasoline?) near a Sherman hit of the 20 Armored Regiment (New Zaeland).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great "WikiOriano" !

Comment

Originally posted by mrcsnsl View Post
                              Great "WikiOriano" !
                              Thanks!
                              Ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                                Two photos:

Greek soldiers in Bellaria on the mouth of the Uso river use,

and a Maori soldier in position with his Bren right on Fiumicino river, note the paratrooper helmet on his head
                                Brilliant mufasa, great pic, and thanks for sharing some of the Greek related items, keep up the great work.
                                cheers
                                NCO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X