• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "Rimini" Fallschmirjager.....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=813539&page=2
    Attached Files

Comment

two different editions of the same sterbebild....
      Attached Files

Comment

Nachname: Zweimüller
        Vorname: Franz
        Dienstgrad: Unteroffizier
        Geburtsdatum: 19.12.1918
        Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 26.08.1944

Franz Zweimüller ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Futa-Pass.
        Endgrablage: Block 6 Grab 358
        Attached Files

Comment

there is no place of death, but the date leaves little doubt ...

August 26, 1944 is the day established by the Allies for the assault on the Gothic Line.
          The night of 25 August three Alied Army Corps across the Metauro river .
          They have in front only three German Divisions, the ID 98, the ID 71 and 1 FJD on the coast.
          At 23.55 o'clock over 1500 Allied artillery pieces shoot simultaneously on German lines 25,000 grenades; at the same time nearly 500 Allied Aircraft bombed everything between Fano and Pesaro.

So almost certainly our Fallschmirjager, that was near Pesaro, fell under this bombardments
          Attached Files

Comment

and this August 26, 1944, the D-Day of the Gothic Line, there was a special spectator to see the beginning of the attack ...
            Attached Files

Comment

the photos are just a sequence of 26 August morning, Churchill and Alexander observed the attack to Pesaro from Montemaggiore....
              Attached Files

Comment

and finally two photos of a couple of days later ... the Poles of Gen. Anders come in Pesaro .... a German soldier fell in front of the railway station
                Attached Files

Comment

this I have lost (but I resign myself without problem because I'm very bonteus and generous with Soldbuch/Wehrpass inolnly copy and very stingy and miserly with Sterbebild in many copy!) ... but for the September 16th, it deserves a place here (we had already some post behind a September 15th always between Riccione and Rimini)
                  Attached Files

Comment

a gunshot to the head !!.... the clashes against Canadians (of the 48th Highlanders and The Royal Canadian Regiment) in the upper area of the Rimini airport of Rimini are very blood, both Canadians that Germans suffer high losses
                    Attached Files

Comment

two old photos of the Rimini airport of Rimini
                      at the beginning in 1936
                      and after the arrival of the Allies at the end of September 1944 ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

and (unrecognizable) today
                        Attached Files

Comment

Spent several days in Pesaro in 2008, beautiful town and location. Was very mindful of the WWII events there. My wife at the beach in Pesaro, and a great place for dinner.
                          Attached Files
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                            Spent several days in Pesaro in 2008, beautiful town and location. Was very mindful of the WWII events there. My wife at the beach in Pesaro, and a great place for dinner.

in Pesaro (where I work!) there are some excellent fish restaurants....
                            the right place (and not just to eat, it does not seem to be on the Riviera but among the gorse of Puglia) is Baia Flaminia under San Bartolo "Mount"

ciao Oriano

Comment

A Gorgeous Bridge

Thank God Willi saved the bridge! A great narrative and terrific bit of research, Thank You Oriano.

Comment

Sorry you didn't get the deathcard Oriano.
                                But never say never! These small piece of papers were made in several copies (not like the Sb and Wp, that are nearly one-of a-kind) so maybe one day you'll be able to get another one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X