Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree, nice eagle Terry. Please do a search on the Uniform Forum for 'Luftwaffe Breast Eagles' and post it there too.

Willi, have seen several nice green HBT jackets with blue grey HBT backed eagles. Had a mint one but let it go; same source as your green step in
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hey Willi!

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
      Interesting about the camo printed completely on the tan base. Have you seen a smock like that? I have seen splinter smocks (including early step-ins) that seem to be on a more tan base. But, I have yet to see a smock that had all the colors printed over tan fabric.
      Willi
      We have a match! Did you see this? Mr. Pledger put me on to it, thanks for pointing this out Steve.
      Attached Files
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks John,

I guess that's another chapter Willi will have to write

Steve

Comment

A nice early green eagle cut from a step-in smock:
          Last edited by SMP; 02-16-2004, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Sorry try again...
            Attached Files

Comment

rear:
              Attached Files

Comment

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! Have a similar one that was picked up in North Africa, it has red dust through out the fabric.
                Best,
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

A late-war green/grey cotton-backed eagle cut from a tan/water smock ( or field division jacket ).

Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

A splinter over olive:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice ones Steve! Did you have a recent birthday or something?

A question for all. How many smock eagles are out there? I encounter collectors all the time who seem to have one in their insignia display. There must be 100's of smock eagles out there.

I am surprised at how many early green GM eagles are out there. And, most seem to be trimmed so closely to the eagle. I just find this to be interesting. One of mine just has a tad bit of splinter camo peeking out........so, clearly a splinter over GM smock. I guess vets of Tunisia seemed to be the ones who first cut these things off. Since green smocks in beat condition where not a prize item to send home, I guess it makes sense that they just cut the eagles off.

Willi
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Well, gentlemen, as Rick stated earlier on, this has certainly been an incredible learning experience for me on para jump smock eagles. Thank you! I would like to share here a cut-out insignia from my collection.

If I understand the foregoing thread and the terminology on camo material, etc. correctly (please correct or confirm), mine is:

a grunmeliert-backed eagle tightly stitched on to a jump smock with the splinter-pattern camo printed on the outside of the olive green base fabric.

I believe it is very similar to the one shown above in post #41, and even more-so the one in post #65, except that mine has lots of background material.

If I understood correctly the detailed information contained in this thread, my cut-out is an early one and quite a collectable example.

Your comments will be most appreciated. Thanks, John
                        Attached Files

Comment

Obverse of cut-out eagle
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of cut-out eagle
                            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful eagle John . I think you described it accurately.

Congratulations!!

Regards
                              Steve

Comment

smock eagle

Hello,
                                I have this green back eagle still sew to a chunk of green HBt like material, it is zig-zag sewn, on the back, you can still see a piece of greyish liner material, could this be a piece of Jump smock, oh, the eagles backing looks the same as cloth it's sewn too.
                                Regards,
                                Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X