CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shot of the early M36 "double zipper" smock.
    Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

I think most of us would like to get our hands on your fantastic photos much less what is in those photos!! I think all of us would vote YES on wanting one of those hand camo'd jump smocks!!! Love them pics

Here's a recent find on the E-Stand that was mixed in with some other non-FJ photos. photo is dated 17.5.44 and looks like it was taken in the mountains of Italy, varied mixture of uniforms...Speiss is wearing FJ Badge and guy on their extreme right appears to be wearing a FJ Badge as well. Standing next to him is a FJ wearing an Italian cut sahariana tunic. chap sitting down on the extreme left is wearing a beret..British or French? Bill

Comment

Giday everyone,

Eric's post No. 180 shows General Student conducting an inspection of the survivors of Sturmgruppe Stahl on 27 October, 1940.

The officers and men shown in the photograph I believe are looking from left to right, Major Walter Koch (his head is partially obscured by General Student), General Kurt Student, Hauptmann Gustav Altmann, Oberleutnant Helmut Ringler, Leutnant Rudolf Toschka, Leutnant Hans Jungwirt and Feldwebel Helmut Arpke. If anyone disagrees with me, I welcome their comments concerning same.

Eric, do you have any other photographs of the inspection conducted by Gerneral Student of the members of Sturmabteilung Koch?

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Very dangerous...

OTE=W Petz]Simon,

I knew the location had to be in Italy and I looked up the weapon...It is an Italian 8mm Breda Model 37 MG.

Large dice pillow....Hmmm Fun and games I can only imagine

Well Fliegerbluses did not have French cuffs...sometimes you see photos with soldiers sticking papers or maps into the tunic cuffs. Photo is way too fuzzy to make it out but judging by the light color and location it could be a Kreta CT.

Well you are wondering in the right direction on the FJ Badge doc!!!

Heres a photo to celibrate!!! FJ about to exit a JU52[/QUOTE]
          Great photo!But very,very dangerous as the dispatcher is by an open door and wearing no 'chute.Does'nt seem to be wearing a "monkey strap" either.

Comment

Here's another one from me.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

Great shot of an Army FJ and it would have better if the FJ taking that photo focused the camera a bit more.

J.Von Canon....the job of a paratrooper was inherently dangerous whether Allied or Axis...I would think that the Jumpmaster was relatively safe since he isn't the one standing in the door and about to leap into the unknown dangling from a parachute in which he virtually had no control over in any direction versus the Allied side especially American where you could somewhat control you chute and have a reserve chute in case your main chute didn't quite open...unlike the brits who didn't have a reserve chute. I read somwhere early Russian paratroopers had to climb out of their aircraft and onto the wing in order to jump and much later after the war started they jumped without chutes into supposely deep snow...now that's the kind of stuff I think is dangerous!!

Now since you got me in the mood I'm going to post a few more FJ photos!! Here one that has something to do with snow.

Comment

And another one with FJ's boarding to do a jump!!!

Comment

Here it is

Comment

Whoops pressed the button too soon

Comment

C'mon FJ collectors!! I know you are out there!! Keep this thread going!! or let it die!! I made a promise to continue posting FJ photos as long as others post them as well. Bill Petz.

Comment

This has always been one of my favorite shots.

BTW, I wanted to let everyone know that any of the photos I have posted here ( except the army ones of course ) are available in trade for the right original army photos.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

Again nice Army FJ photo...I think you already have all my (former) Army FJ photos also Eric originally was the one who pledged to post his excellent photos if others would post so I would not take credit away where credit is due. Thanks for starting this thread I've enjoyed it immeansely and according to the amount of reviews so has alot of other forum members. Unfortunately only a few are posting their photos...don't be shy...even if you have one or two photos in your collection it would be much appreciated by all of us who really like to see them. Bill

Here are two FJ's waiting for their turn and taking a photo opportunity!!

Comment

Dispatcher & no 'chute

Originally posted by W Petz
                            Eric,

Great shot of an Army FJ and it would have better if the FJ taking that photo focused the camera a bit more.

J.Von Canon....the job of a paratrooper was inherently dangerous whether Allied or Axis...I would think that the Jumpmaster was relatively safe since he isn't the one standing in the door and about to leap into the unknown dangling from a parachute in which he virtually had no control over in any direction versus the Allied side especially American where you could somewhat control you chute and have a reserve chute in case your main chute didn't quite open...unlike the brits who didn't have a reserve chute. I read somwhere early Russian paratroopers had to climb out of their aircraft and onto the wing in order to jump and much later after the war started they jumped without chutes into supposely deep snow...now that's the kind of stuff I think is dangerous!!

Now since you got me in the mood I'm going to post a few more FJ photos!! Here one that has something to do with snow.
                            The inherent dangers of paratrooping are known to me since I have been military jumping since 1962-2001(retired)
                            The Germans pioneered this tactic and what worked has been continued into the modern military parachut era.Same goes for what did not work.
                            All armies "owe"the old time Fj. alot.
                            But being by an open door without a (monkey)strap or chute just is'nt a good idea (and is absolutely Verboten in military jumps today,to include jumpmasters who are moving around the door constantly.)
                            Jumpmasters,for instance,have it hammered into them not to even have their back to an open door at any time in flight.
                            My comment was directed to illustrate how much military jumping has been improved on.Maybe this was not clear.
                            I've personally seen more than one parachutist fall out of an open door(unintended)in flight;usually on an approach during turbulence.Often it is the jumpmaster during final approach when he's hanging out the door.
                            Any parachutists reading this will understand what I'm talking about.
                            The photo-interest of this shot speaks,I think,volumes about the progression of military jumping from earlier days.
                            Cheers.
                            J.v.C.

Comment

JVC,

I absolutely agree with you on the progression of modern Airborne side of the house...one thing you cannot say for sure is whether a strap was there or not (photo is pretty dark in places) and if it was even required (Modern day yes). I'm sure that the German para (Jumpmaster) knew what he was doing. I cannot argue the point about safety and what a Jumpmaster is required to do...I know believe me! I may not have the vast experience that you have and I take my hat off to you. Now that you have provided more information about yourself and clarified what you meant to say.
                              The Russians did the first experimenting with para jumps..the Germans observed and learned from the Russians (mistakes) and Pioneered the Para forces. I agree we do owe them alot!! The Allied Para forces studied and learned (also made mistakes as you said) from them as you well know.
                              I didn't mean to insult you in any way and was not aware of your quallifications. Just to let you know I retired in 1994 (Vietnam vet, jump qualified) after 24 years of service. Bill Petz

Here is a pic which really isn't FJ but you will recognize a mixture of what this French Para is wearing and even what is in the background!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

We are dangerously close to 6000 views Maybe this one of Ernst Claus ( R ) will send us over the top.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X