MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one's a bit of a cheat to be getting on with late war SB and photo
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Hi Simon,

We seem to be getting a variety here now. please don't get me started on FJ SB's & WP's. I have a few of those and like them as well. Nice late war SB and photo what unit(s) was he with and entries for awards. I found that alot of these late war SB's have very little or no awards at all in them. Bill

Comment

Hi Bill-
        Great pic of the Kreta campaign!! Mate you are killing me with that document photo . All the best

JimUK

Comment

Thanks and Sorry Mate! just having a bit of fun! I saw your posting about giving up kingdom and couldn't resist posting a Royal Gem. Where are you from in the UK. I have two places near the water...a flat in Bournmouth (where ex-wife lives) and a house here in Corpus Christi Texas. Cheers! - Bill

Comment

Hi everybody,

Poor Jimmy, everybody is rubbing it in.

Great photos Bill!! Thanks for showing them and keeping this thread going!!

I have a couple of photos myself, nothing as nice as yours though, but can't post.

All the best
            Yannis

Comment

Hey Bill,

My chap was in Stab u. 1.-5. Kompanie Fallschirm-Feldersatz-Bataillon 3 from 16.12.1944. No awards though

Flat in Bournemouth eh..... know it well
              Regards
              Si

Comment

Hi Yannis

If you want to email a scan to me I will put them on for you.
                Regards
                Si

Comment

Originally posted by Simon 1964
                  Hi Yannis

If you want to email a scan to me I will put them on for you.
                  Simon,

thanks mate!!

Sent you a pm re your email address.

All the best
                  Yannis
                  Last edited by Yannis; 05-01-2004, 01:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Simon I think your late war FJ was in a replacement unit...any indication he was assigned to any other units...could explain why he has no awards and maybe no combat experience. None the less it's a great example of a late war FJ SB.

I'm glad some of you lads have started posting items....I was starting to feel all alone...I think Eric got bored and moved onto some other threads. I hope he comes back...he really has some super photos in what he calls his junk box. Mine is called a booty box!!

For those who cannot post photos on the forums or buy or sell on the E-Stand. I highly recommend you join and become Association members..it is well worth the money. There is a wealth of information on this website and very knowledgeable members as well Our Moderators can post photos or assist you with information. I or other members can also help you out posting photos...just send an email or scan.

Yannis I will try to keep this thread going as long as you lads keep posting pics. I will match postings just like Eric stated. Thanks - Bill

Comment

Here's a good one from Yannis
                      Attached Files
                      Regards
                      Si

Comment

Hi Bill,

I have a few more photos to scan, with a small collection, I went crazy earlier on in the thread and posted to many of my small fj collection

I will do some more later today/tomorrow, unless I win the lotto and I will be out buying
                        Regards
                        Si

Comment

Thank you!

Simon,

thanks a million mate!!

This came along with a few others and a Sturmregiment WP.
                          Does anybody know what those sleeve devices mean?

All the best
                          Yannis
                          Last edited by Yannis; 05-01-2004, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Simon,

Post as many as you want!! I and many others won't mind. I believe we all would love to win the lotto...my house would be full with nothing but FJ if that were to happen!!!

Yannis very nice photo not sure if the scan had a effect on clarity but as far as I can tell the symbol on their smocks maybe a unit designation for a Pioneer unit I seem to recall a symbol like that on Gerhard Martin's Fallschirm Pioneere book about the 5th Fallschirmjaeger Division.

Yannis as promised a couple of Kreta pics.

Comment

Another Kreta pic for you

Comment

Wonderfull stuff Bill!!

Thank you!
                                On the second photo, the man eating, can you tell if he's also Fj?
                                He looks... well, Greek to me!
                                He's also not wearing what the others wear. A prisoner maybe?

All the best
                                Yannis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X