EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one from Chris Whitehead. I am traveling now ( and do not have access to my scanner ), but will post a couple more tomorrow when I get home. Eric
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a million for posting my photos for me Eric!
      Nice photos everyone, keep 'em comin'!

Comment

Hi Bill,

I'm not exactly sure where these pictures were taken? I'm certain Eric would know. I would think they are from the home-coming parade in Braunschweig. In the first picture von der Heydte is in the front row on the right. Eric posted a neat picture for Greg Way on page 2 (post #24) of von der Heydte where he has a look on his face of desperation. I'm pretty sure this is (Operation Stoesser) in the Ardennes?

John Garcia
        Last edited by jgarcia; 05-01-2004, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Not being an FJ collector at all, I don't have anything that nearly rivals some of the extremely nice photographs that some people have already posted. But in the interest of making at least one small contribution to this interesting thread, I would like add one of the few FJ-related photos that I have been fortunate to acquire. This is a photograph of General Alfred Schlemm taken in late August 1943 just following the funeral at the Heldenfriedhof Lugarskija for a number of men from 7. Kompanie/6. Luftwaffen-Felddivision. He is shown speaking with some of the remaining men of the company, which had suffered heavy losses on August 29th. The officer standing directly behind him is Generalleutnant Rüdiger von Heyking, commander of 6. Luftwaffen-Felddivision. When this photo was taken, Schlemm was a General der Flieger and commanding general of II. Luftwaffen-Feldkorps. While not strictly FJ alone, Schlemm's credentials do include the following:

14 December 1940 - 6 February 1942: Chief of Staff, XI. Fliegerkorps

February 1942 - 30 June 1942: Commanding Officer, Luftwaffen-Kampfverband Schlemm (which included Major Koch's I. Bataillon/Luftlande-Sturmregiment, at least one company from II./Luftlande-Sturmregiment, one company from the Fallschirm-Sanitäts-Abteilung, and Luftnachrichten-Abteilung 41 (mot.), which was the air signals battalion attached to XI. Fliegerkorps for Operation Merkur)

1 January 1944 - 31 October 1944: Commanding General, I. Fallschirmkorps

1 November 1944 - 3 November 1944: Commanding General, III. Fallschirmkorps

4 November 1944: Redesignated General der Fallschirmtruppe

4 November 1944 - 20 March 1945: OB, 1. Fallschirmarmee

Schlemm was wounded in late March 1945 while commanding 1. Fallschirmarmee and spent the rest of the war convalescing. He had served in WWI as an artillery officer, joined the Luftwaffe in 1938 and was awarded the Knight's Cross on 11 June 1944.

Thanks to everyone for making such a great thread!
          Jason

Comment

Hi Jason,

Great photo! You know I have a weakness for LWFD photos as well. Thanks for contributiing all that biographical info as well. I love this thread and will keep contributing some of my photos as long others do as well. Heres a few more.
            Attached Files

Comment

and a FJ portrait
              Attached Files

Comment

Bill, Eric and all,

here we go a couple of more to add to the collection
                Attached Files
                Regards
                Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

at ease
                  Attached Files
                  Regards
                  Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Rommel inA frika with Fallschirm-Pioniere

Here is a shot of Rommel visiting a Fallschirm-Pionier unit.
                    Strength and Honour
                    http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

another one

here another shot of this visit.
                      Strength and Honour

Comment

Gruppenfoto

here a nice gruppenfoto.
                        Strength and Honour

Comment

ready

Ready for boarding!
                          Strength and Honour

Comment

Simon & Juerg!!

Fantastic photos! thanks for sharing. Here are a few more of mine starting with a FJ unit in Tunisia

Comment

FJ RK traeger riding a motorcycle in Kreta

Comment

Sorry correction to above not in Kreta. Here is a FJ in ovecoat and jump smock in Russland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X