AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jurg, Nice photos, Bill, you still keep them coming!!!

After seeing all the photos here, I always wonder why I have so few and keep missing out
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Simon,

I tried my best to buy all but unfortunately Eric beat me to allot of them!! Here are a couple more shots. FJ's in Italy pausing besides their truck

Comment

FJ in Tropical uniform & wearing Meyer cap taking a break.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's another, I am trying to pace my meager collection to keep this thread going . I recon I have a few left to keep it going for a few days
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Si

Comment

Simon,

Nice photo and good idea. Do you have any idea where that photo was taken? What type of heavy MG is that...Looks italian to me. Heres a tropical FJ with MP40...looks like he was visiting an Italian house of Ill repute!!!

Comment

Hi Bill,
              Nice photo, I wonder what games that large fury dice is used for

As for the location, this photo was taken 5th March 44 in Lanipomiccilo Terni, therefore I assume that most of these are around the same area. The one I noted as two's company has the following to the rear Major Kammrehen {?} Park Florence.

As for the heavy machine gun, my Italian reference's are a little thin on the ground, but I arrived at the same conclusion as you. If it is German, its never one that I have seen before and it certainly isn't a captured British been used.
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Si

Comment

Do you think that is a Kreta armband?? Until I blew it up for the posting I have never noticed it before??
                Regards
                Si

Comment

Simon and Everyone! Eric has just placed a variety of FJ items up on E-Stand. Now's your chance to own a few more FJ Photos.. Good Luck!! - Bill

Comment

Missed the award doc hmmmm wonder who that could have been

Thanks for the heads up
                    Regards
                    Si

Comment

Simon,

I knew the location had to be in Italy and I looked up the weapon...It is an Italian 8mm Breda Model 37 MG.

Large dice pillow....Hmmm Fun and games I can only imagine

Well Fliegerbluses did not have French cuffs...sometimes you see photos with soldiers sticking papers or maps into the tunic cuffs. Photo is way too fuzzy to make it out but judging by the light color and location it could be a Kreta CT.

Well you are wondering in the right direction on the FJ Badge doc!!!

Heres a photo to celibrate!!! FJ about to exit a JU52

Comment

Bill,
                        Will be picking up a couple of the photos, have you seen the badge that eric has up on the stand as well. I would be tempted but I have just being hit for an extra $3400 tax bill

So I need to be careful with the send at the moment...

Another nice photo......
                        Regards
                        Si

Comment

Bill

It does not help much, but I have tried to blow up the picture further, it does seem if there is something thee though
                          Attached Files
                          Regards
                          Si

Comment

Simon,

Glad that you got a shot at some of the photos...there will be more so look out for them!!! I did see the Para Badge...I have enough of those for the moment. I'm not a badge collector...so I only pick up what I need.

I believe that FJ is wearing a cuff title but the photo is so fuzzy it's hard to see clearly but there is something there for sure...I can only imagine it would be a Kreta CT. Cheers! - Bill

Comment

Some nice photos guys. I love that one of Bill's with the guy about to jump
                              ( OK, about to be pushed ) out of the Tante Ju.

Here is one of Albert RESIN. This was taken after returning to Braunschweig after Operation MERKUR. He was with 8./FJR 3 under army paratrooper Ernst Schilling ( Schilling is the one who really deserved the RK for the action at Galatas ( Not Hagl..... ) but that is another story ). Resin was one of the Feldherrnhalle guys that was put into 8./3 in late 1939. Sadly, he was killed durring the third battle of cassino.

Hope you guys enjoy.

BTW......do you want to see some real mind blowers

Comment

Eric,

Very Nice photo!! Interesting background information. What I like about my photo on the FJ about to jump is that you rarely see what takes place inside the aircraft during a jump...in the photo you see how the hookup is and the hidden crewman holding onto the cords and the other jump crewman ready to assist (push if needed) and is obviously shouting instructions. One my prized photos! as you know.

I think everyone would want to see your real mind blowers!! If our minds haven't been blown already!! Bill

Here is another in a Tante Ju

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X