Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X
    Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 11:36 PM.

Comment

NOT Holland

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger
      That one in holland,the windmill of course is an action one?,or maybe posed,and taken prisoner in this country?.
      Noway that's a Holland picture. Maybe they think it was because of the mill, but that type of mill is from eastern Europe, and NOT from Holland.

Comment

X
        Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 11:25 PM.

Comment

So maybe russia then in 1941/42 maybe?or just training in or action in poland,czechoslavakia,etc..
          Holland = may 1940, so Russia?

As the MG has no ammo, I would go for the training.

Comment

X
            Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-02-2006, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I was going on what you said about it not being in holland and more like eastern europe becuase of the mill in it.
              I was not attacking you my friend, just a firm no way.
              Funny is that part of this picture, the 3 soldiers, was cut out and (a little bigger) can be found in Bruce Quarrie's "German Airborne Divisions"(Osprey series), page 23 with the text: "Comrades in arms: at an unidentified location in Holland in May 1940, two men from one of 22 Luftlande Division's rifle regiments have come to the assistance of a solitary Fallschirmjäger MG34 gunner. Although the quality is poor, it is a poignant photo.

Well, there are more and biggers errors in the book, which proves he didn't do any research in Holland (about May 1940). To bad, his book would be much "greater" and more historically correct."

Comment

X
                Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 11:08 PM.

Comment

I have seen a few books on FJ and they get the pictures wrong,and some are easy to say where they are,but like they maybe are going by the source on it which is wrong too,if they dont know it they should leave in blank maybe.
                  This is such a great thread with so many great photos. So much can be learned from the efforts made by those who post their unique photos. Why must you continue to spoil this thread, as you have others, with this mindless drivel? Why can't you just watch, listen and learn? You add absolutely nothing to the discussion and actually discourage people from posting photos for ALL of us to enjoy. Most are just enjoying these superb photos in silence. Why must you continue to spoil it for others who don't want to read the drivel?

If you feel the need to respond, as I suspect you will, do it via PM and not on this thread. We have had enough!
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

This is my contribution to this thread. Fallschirmj******228;ger-byker in Italy, 1944.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is one of mine.
                      Last edited by hennep11; 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Here is one more

Comment

And another one

Comment

The RK-Mann is this Altmann Sturmabteilung Koch?

the Kaserne is Flak Kaserne Düsseldorf?

Comment

another one.
                              Last edited by hennep11; 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Here are a few portraits I'm darn proud of!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X