MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another contribution to this great thread
    Attached Files

Comment

Ono More Cloth Badge
      Attached Files

Comment

2nd Regt

Hi there everyone

I see that many of you seem to own or have access to photo albums or collections of photos on the Fallschirmjager of WW2. I was wondering if anyone has any photos at all featuring 2Div, 2 Regt around the 1944 -45 time, even if its onlly studio portraits? If you have and could post some, who knows, I might even see a photo of my dad amongst them!!!!!
        He was in 2nd Regt {Feldhern Halle}, 2nd Battery, 4th {Heavy} company. He was a mortar man!

By the way folks, there are some wonderful photographs on this thread. Congratulations to all of you who own these fantastic photo collections. I hope that you might share some more images with us all.

Mark

Comment

X
          Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-02-2006, 03:17 AM.

Comment

X
            Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

Here this mine.... (Thanks Eric!!)

Best regards,

Ricardo.
              Last edited by Mooyman; 06-30-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

early one.......
                Attached Files

Comment

X
                  Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger
                    So is that in poland or holland or elsewhere? mogdala.
                    Yes the photo has been taken in poland 1939 -> i think in Deblin.

Comment

X
                      Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger
                        My first,took ages working out how to do this,sizes etc.. ,had to set up a site first for pictures,then able to save,paste,cut?one of them to the link for insert pictures here,still confusing realy,but its here(and hope is alright to show it,no copyright stuff ?).But back to the picture,when saw this one loved it,its from another site,that the person to got off another site ,people where confused to there a bit on its whereabouts,but says herman goring div men in bautzen after its recapture in april 1945(someone said sth of berlin,around dresden).But being that as one wears a FJ helmet and i think 7 wear smocks,it was alright to post it here i thought,they must be ex para's maybe incorparated into the HGPD from way back or most recently say from the 9TH FJ ? or other FJ units around this area,or just like them smocks and want to be thought of as FJ,hope this hasnt been posted before,as didnt have time to check back through all the photos just yet.

(source from here http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...062&highlight= ,which itselff came from the site in the link next to the picture)

Very nice, it appears to be a squad of snipers!? Exept of the two man being equiped with other weapons (MPi and MG) they all seam to have precision rifles (G43&K98k) ..... I am not too deep into Fallschirmjäger collecting&history but I think it was common to wear the standard helmets late in the war when paras were used "just as" infantry...also the "Field division" camo Tunic was issued to Fallschirmjäger more frequently later in the war to replace the jump smock I think...still the majority of FJs wore the jump smock in different patterns by the end of the war...just as shown in the pic.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

For Eric...
                          Attached Files

Comment

X
                            Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-01-2006, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Another very interesting one...
                              Attached Files

Comment

...especially when looking at its back.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X