GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more seriously wounded are taken to a field hospital
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Final reflection with a wounded friend
      Attached Files
      Regards
      Si

Comment

Hello Simon,

Great pics!! Big improvement over the fuzzy photos of the past!!!
        Are those rescue of Mussolini photos original???? A few of those pics are Well known and have been published in many books. Thanks for sharing!! - Bill

Here are a few pics of German Gliders!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Glider pic 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Glider pic 3
            Attached Files

Comment

Stukas towing German Gliders
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,
                The pictures came with a soldbuch of a Luftwaffe man Walther Ritter who transfered to the Fallschirmjäger in May 1944; funnily enough it came from another forum member. We had a discussion about these photos.

He also had previous discussions with other collectors he knows, the general consensus was that these where offically produced photos for soldiers to purchase. I'm sure there is a proper name for these official snaps, I have a couple of SS regimental produced lots. I am reasonably happy with this as I wont get disappointed one day when someone comments they are not original original.

As for Walther Ritter he was an Obergefreiter 1st November 1943 and was transfered on the 24th of May 1944. I haven't time yet to really look at his SB, but I have a few extra photos of his that I will post as soon as.

Nice glider pic's you have posted, it may just be the way that last photo was taken, but that Stuka is not going to tow that glider is it??
                Last edited by Si1964; 10-31-2004, 09:39 AM.
                Regards
                Si

Comment

Hey Simon,

I understand about the Kriegsberichter type photos..yes they are original prints of mass produced photos...nothing wrong with that. Always nice to get the originals snapped by the FJ themselves though. Great that you have his Soldbuch and they are getting more expensive as time goes on.
                  The Stukas are actually towing the Gliders...discussion had taken place in another thread on them. There was a experimental squadron fitted with special towing devices that enabled them to tow gliders...pretty rare to see them in a pic. Bill

Comment

What a great work !

I still love to see all those pics,it's better than any book..

Unfortunately I haven't seen the best pic yet.. (kidding..)

A friend of mine ones had a soldbuch with a picture of a paratrooper's head wearing a early parahelmet with superclear 2nd pattern eagle decal.
                    He took it to a photoshop and they made a superlarge magnification of that pic for him.
                    Till today I liked it very much ,but for some reason he can't find it anymore..
                    It must be somewhere between all his stuff ,but hasn't found it back yet..

I don't dare to ask ,but has someone of you such a clear picture like that ?

Jos.

Comment

The most beautifull Fj!!!

Hi All

since this belongs to my friend Volker I thought it best to let him do the talking.

"Hello,
                      I know you'd be asking for the story behind the photo, here it is:

the young woman is Melanie Eul, wife of soon-to-be Oberjager Werner Eul posing in Werner's uniform. She was a Luftwaffe signals auxiliary when she met him, they fell for each other, married and by an incredible stroke of luck she always happened to be in the same country where he deployed: Russia, France, Germany.
                      They are still happily married, a great couple, friendly as can be and despite the fact that she is in her early 80s now, still a very good looking woman.
                      Werner Eul contributed some stories and his wartime photo album of previously unpublished photos for my book.
                      I thought to publish this shot since it's not going to be used in my book (it was taken before Werner joined FJR6). Still, this is one of my finest wartime photographs and I wanted to share it with you.

best regards,
                      Volker "
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yannis & Volker
                        Thank you for sharing both the picture and the story behind it.... its interesting to know that they both served in the same theaters of war. With them being married and both serving, did this ever cause any problems for them?
                        Regards
                        Si

Comment

Hello,
                          if you look at #1236, you can spot Obj. Werner Eul 2nd row, dead centre, the young smiling guy.
                          Apparently, they never had problems. Werner Eul wrote a meticulously detailed diary during his military service from day 1 to the last day in the service, details like his bayonet serial number, daily countersigns, etc. His notes were all written in shorthand in calendar books, but are still filling whole shoeboxes. Great source of info.
                          Since he was on the staff of I./FJR6, he even managed to call her at her signals shop quite frequently. Not an easy thing when your call had to be sent on from station to station.

Werner gave me his photo collection for reproduction in my FJR6 book. I'm sorry that you will have to wait for more pics of him untill the book has been published.

best regards,
                          Volker

Comment

Volker.

Great pics that you have! We appreciate any that you share with us on this thread. Mucho Gracias!! Bill

Here is some Winter in Russia FJ pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

Winter in Russia FJ #2

Comment

Winter in Russia FJ #3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X