FJR6 Helmet Camouflage Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi gents,

Just reviewed the cool old thread on FJR6 M38's and may I add that Ron R has a nice 12th Komp FjR6 type camo M38, to add on the list.

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by helmhunter View Post
      Hi gents,

Just reviewed the cool old thread on FJR6 M38's and may I add that Ron R has a nice 12th Komp FjR6 type camo M38, to add on the list.

Phil.
      Hi Phil

Thanks, I have already added that one.

Comment

Originally posted by helmhunter View Post
        Hi gents,

Phil.
        A great thread, some very interesting comments by Steve & Walter and others, lots of named m38's but a lot less Company numbered helmets than I thought. A few more to go.

Comment

Hi,

Very interesting thread thanks to Willi. Here a photo i have make this morning with my FJR6 M38 captured by an US paratrooper in Normandy. The initials "HL" are handgraved and a "X" maybe for 10th Kp, not sure ?

Thanks, David
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a pic I was looking for. I took this picture a few years back at Mathieus Museum in Belgium. Take a look at the camo pattern on this helmet. I was told that Horst Trebes helmet is somewhere in the States and it is the exact same camo pattern as this one. If so then this proves this type of camo was used by FJ regiment 6. As we know Horst Trebes was the 3rd Battalion Commander of FJ Regiment 6. Im sure Michael or Mathieu can weigh in here with their knowledge on the subject.
            Attached Files

Comment

I add two originals press pictures to illustrate the topic and the last one from a magazine. All taken in Normandy.

David
              Attached Files

Comment

Shaun, I know where Trebes' helmet is. It is likely he brought that helmet with him when von der Heydte requested that he be attached to his command, as he was seeking seasoned commanders. Unlikely he had it camoed when he joined FJR6, unlike von der Heydte, who wore the standard camo type.

But, it does point out that it is rather likely other "seasoned" FJs wore camos from previous unit assignments.

Nice photos David.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                  Shaun, I know where Trebes' helmet is. It is likely he brought that helmet with him when von der Heydte requested that he be attached to his command, as he was seeking seasoned commanders. Unlikely he had it camoed when he joined FJR6, unlike von der Heydte, who wore the standard camo type.

But, it does point out that it is rather likely other "seasoned" FJs wore camos from previous unit assignments.

Nice photos David.
                  Hi Willi, but Was it the helmet Trebes wore in Normandy though ? Was it picked up from a Normandy roadside ( I understand he was killed in an air attack caught whilst retreating with SS troops ) ? Sounds unlikely it was found...battlefield detritus.
                  Cheers

Comment

Nice display David

Comment

Trebes. Sorry to go off topic, this is a pic of one page the article on Trebes in the Armourer ( Shaun from a thread you started years ago) ...it states it shows Trebes' column after the attack...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                        Picture from Mark Bando's site, Kluge 14 kp
                        Hi
                        Alfred KLUGE 14/fjr6 wounded at the head on 13/06/1944 near CARENTAN

Herlé

Comment

Hi Herle

Thanks, that one has already been added.

Originally posted by H BABERT View Post
                          Hi
                          Alfred KLUGE 14/fjr6 wounded at the head on 13/06/1944 near CARENTAN

Herlé

Comment

Hi Shaun

2 x 12th Company I cant read the names properly but I can definitely see 12th Company on both..

-Oberjäger Werner RUNGE wounded on 14/06/1944 250m south of hill 30 near Carentan

-Obergefreiter Werner SOUREN KIA/Missing on 07/06/1944 near Saint Come du mont

Herlé

Comment

Hi Shaun

2 x 12th Company I cant read the names properly but I can definitely see 12th Company on both..

-Oberjäger Werner RUNGE wounded on 14/06/1944 250m south of hill 30 near Carentan

Herlé
                              Yes both of these 12th company added to our list. Thank you for the extra info on these men. Im sure you will be able to help us quite a bit on this thread with your research

Comment

Hi Shaun

Herlé
                                Many thanks , Herle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X