FJR6 Helmet Camouflage Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJR6 Helmet Camouflage Patterns

We have had several threads presenting what is generally known as a "FJR6 camo"; tan and green spray with sawdust. But, what about other types of camos worn by members of that regiment?

I have seen dozens (40-50) of the tan and green sawdust camos over the years. I was present at the SoS, about 15 years ago, when a 101st Airborne veteran brought in a dozen+ of those camos into the show. Some with covers attached, though in pretty bad condition.

We know that the 1st Battalion of FJR6 wore these helmets. I am sure I have seen some marked to companies (like "6./ FJR6"), which would indicate the 2nd Battalion. And we have a number of photos of FJs wearing these camos.

Let's see if we can find photos of troops known to be FJR6 members wearing other camos. And examples of other camos with Luftwaffe Feldpost Numbers which can be traced to FJR6. Also, FJR6 "textbook" examples with company markings identifying the 3rd Battalion. I think I recall one marked to "10. Komp.".

Perhaps the camos were done by companies which might have been bivouacked together, training together, etc. Or battalions. Let's see what we can come up with.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

willie interesting topic. The one im saving to buy is the typical tan base with green overlay with sawdust mixed. Liner and shell both marked.
    H. Meyer on the skirt in paint.
    On the liner as follows.
    ObgFr. H. Meyer 10 komp

Comment

Hi Willi

I already started looking. Here is what I have found so far. These are all textbook FJ Regiment 6 camos "Green and tan camo with sawdust" I found online.

So far we have ,

1 X 1st Company Fleischer looks like a 4 but it is 1st Company researched
      1 X 4th Company Bayer
      2 x 12th Company I cant read the names properly but I can definitely see 12th Company on both..

So that blows my theory of only the 1st battalion having these camos. I have more to add later to this thread but I need to look for some pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fink of 12 Kompany
        Attached Files

Comment

12 th company , Fink
          Attached Files

Comment

...the helmet ( photos of Virtual grenadier)
            Attached Files

Comment

They could changed helmets / units etc..before Normandy....
              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

11th Komp

My fjr6 helmet named to Baumgartner of 11th company, so 3rd battalion, wounded 11 June 44 at Carentan...
                Attached Files

Comment

Baumgartner 11
                  Attached Files

Comment

Baumgartner of 11 th exterior
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's also Lot number 4888 so an early helmet, with yellow pads, some of 3rd battalion came from Ramcke brigade survivors...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Weren't these 6th Regt sawdust camo helmets camo'd with a light pea green initially when they were training in the south of France? I've seen a couple of those in the past but I don't recall if they were id'd. Been a long time since I've collected anything FJ and only had a couple of helmets back then. Still enjoy the looksee of others collections.

Comment

Gents, I acquired a DD Luft para camo years ago from the vets family. It also came with the camo cover. Originally named to a Hauptfeldwebel - who my research showed was wounded in the battle for Ypenburg airfield in Holland. It also had the name of a JaGER handwritten on the liner. He was killed in Sept 1944.

It appeared to be a 6th para camo. These are the best photos I could find in my files. I have since passed in on to another Forum member who really wanted it.

Rich

h4.jpg

h1.jpg

h7.jpg

h5.jpg

h3.jpg

paras 114 005.jpg

Camo para 003.jpg

Christmas 2014para helms 021.jpg

Comment

5 th company, Eppstein ( from Ruptured Duck)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Eppstein m38
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X