No announcement yet.

FJR6 Helmet Camouflage Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff, 80% is still very helpful Herlé , cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
      This is starting to look like most companies in FJ regiment 6 if not all wore what we call the FJ "Regiment 6 camo " All 3 Battalions.

Obviously individuals didn't all adhere to the "Regiment 6 Camo" others would have painted their own camo patterns as discussed elsewhere.
      Good stuff Shaun, hopefully over the next weeks, months or years we can knock the rest off...our challenge to you is to expand your collection yet further to add in the rare missing company helmets !

Comment

Something very interesting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mathluft View Post
          Something very interesting.
          Great item! Mathieu

Comment

Just found another 10th Company helmet courtesy of Ron.

5 x 1st Company
            2 x 4th Company
            1 x 5th Company
            1 x 7th Company
            1 x 8th Company
            2 x 10th Company
            1 x 11th Company
            3 x 12th Company
            1 x 14th Company
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Shaun

Superb helmet

David

Comment

[QUOTE=mathluft;8711156]Something very interesting.[/QUOTE

It sure is Math!
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Good stuff, have always liked that Ebel named helmet too. Top example. Presumably stayed in 10 th Komp after being wounded in 43...?

Comment

Shaun, hopefully we will see more unit markings, but we have certainly proven most FJR6 companies wore what we call a "FJR6 camo".

Meaningful discussions with numerous participants provides a great service to the hobby.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                      Shaun, hopefully we will see more unit markings, but we have certainly proven most FJR6 companies wore what we call a "FJR6 camo".

Meaningful discussions with numerous participants provides a great service to the hobby.
                      Agreed Willi, I would never have said all FJ Regiment 6 battalions painted their helmets in the "FJ Regiment 6 camo" before you started this thread. My quest is to find more companies for our list and I wouldn't be surprised if every company in FJ Regiment 6 had helmets painted in the "FJ Regiment 6 Camo".

We know that there were different camo patterns that were used in FJ Regiment 6 so my question is, what was the criteria for painting the "FJ Regiment 6 Camo"? Was it the individuals choice to have it painted like this? Or was it orders from company officers?

Are there any vets still alive that could answer this question?Anyone know any surviving vets from FJ Regiment 6 that could ask them this question? I know that's a big ask but someone must know.

Comment

I never met a FJR6 veteran. A FJR9 veteran of Normandy yes, and also a FJR7 veteran of Brest.

Based on some photos we have seen while the regiment was still in Germany, and also based on the nature of a military organization, I think they painted them as a unit (company perhaps) as part of their unit training before they moved out.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi, maybe this can give you some indication about how FJ paint their helmet in Normandy.
                          The comments are in French and are coming from a Museum Owner in Britany, who as kids saw from his room window how the FJ painted and camouflaged their helmets.

http://identifikator.free.fr/casque_para_allemand.htm

JED

Comment

Great thread
                            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Here's my contribution. It came out of Buffalo, NY in the late 70's. The liner has a name "Friske". It shows lots of field use and the back strap has been worn through to expose the cloth inside the leather. It's one of my favorite possessions!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice helmet PG, seen some action with a lot of wear to it, maybe it went on to be used in Holland and perhaps even later....wonder what company he was in....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X