Any Ideas on This Cross w/Swords (opinions appreciated) *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
    That's because it is not tombak, it is 800 silver...
    Than i stand corrected ...
    Best regards, Andreas

______
    The Wound Badge of 1939
    www.vwa1939.com
    The Iron Cross of 1939- out now!!! Place your orders at:
    www.ek1939.com

Comment

Has it been tested for silver content Brian?

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Brian s,

sorry, but the needle hook is not silver. It really looks not for silver. And I have never seen such a Nadelsytem the EK 1 of S & L. What I've shown is almost always the case when EK 1 by S & L.

Show them your views as a needle system at EK 1 by S & L.
        I could see it never. I would like to.

Greeting Hans Günter

Comment

Originally posted by Legion Condor View Post
          Hi Brian s,

sorry, but the needle hook is not silver. It really looks not for silver. And I have never seen such a Nadelsytem the EK 1 of S & L. What I've shown is almost always the case when EK 1 by S & L.

Show them your views as a needle system at EK 1 by S & L.
          I could see it never. I would like to.

Greeting Hans Günter
          I wouldn't expect the hook and needle to be 800 silver... I would think that would be too soft. And the hook and needle are not marked 800, the cross is marked 800. No it has not been tested. Testing results in a drop of test fluid that discolors the cross. The reverse next to a CEJ 900 is nearly identical.

Comment

Here you go. Photos I had to draw from were not perfectly sharp. And I have no doubt you will see a curvature that just doesn't fit your narrative. My photo is not exactly to scale so it appears larger...
            Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't expect the hook and needle to be 800 silver... I would think that would be too soft. And the hook and needle are not marked 800, the cross is marked 800. No it has not been tested. Testing results in a drop of test fluid that discolors the cross. The reverse next to a CEJ 900 is nearly identical.
              Hi Brian,

I agree, hardware is likely not silver, but the cross should be if it is marked that way. I believe Dietrich does SEM test that can test for silver content and does not affect the cross. Trick is that it has to be on the cross itself, not the plating.

Tom
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

I have a very narrow tolerance level for S&L due to all the mess over RK's, Reiter bages, etc.
                Hi Guys,

I think this is the take home message. Whether a particular "wartime-compatible" product falls before or after May, 1945 will be an endless source of debate since S&L, with decades of trade, truly was the "Souval of the North".

Best regards,
                ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                  Hi Guys,

I think this is the take home message. Whether a particular "wartime-compatible" product falls before or after May, 1945 will be an endless source of debate since S&L, with decades of trade, truly was the "Souval of the North".

Best regards,
                  ---Norm

Really? There's been discussion (endless) on this in the past?

Comment

Hi Brian s,

Please look at the pictures from the hinge, you can very well see the difference in thickness. Even from the side it looks different as the original hinges of S & L EK1.

Go to the page: www.EK1-dna.de

I'm sorry for me is not the original piece. The system is different. The hinge on the SP is a copy for me. I also do not think that is the SP of silver. I can not see anything that reminds me of a piece of silver. No patina, nothing.

All Spaninekreuz made ​​of real silver that I know also have a needle system made ​​of silver. The material is too soft, that's not true.

They also say it's better in the embossing, I can not see well.

Sorry but that's my opinion. But like I lehrne it.

Greeting Hans Günter

Comment

You're going to be a lot fun Hans. Absolutely hold to your own impressions no matter what you are presented. Waste of my time... You go right ahead and see what ever you want to see. Pedantic was invented for you. Pin shortened to accommodate SK. These more closely sized. No patina? Really? I know this will be difficult for the guy who has all the answers which may not interfere with anyone else's, but there is patina.

This cross will not go back to the dealer!!! It is original and perfect but doesn't fit Hans' notion of a '4' marked cross which I am sure he owns in HIS collection.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh no! More patina! What could it mean? It must be "early postwar" patina.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes yes Brian s,

that's what she could best. Speak insults.

Greeting Hans Günter

Comment

Well jeez dude, you make some pretty harsh statements that make no sense. You are supposed to be our accepted expert on SK's. And every once in awhile we do see mint awards. This one not mint but having patina but more mint than my other silver crosses. My Schickle also very well preserved.

Comment

Oh Brian, I myself mind pieces. How many they want to see. They do not understand what I mean. The piece is from the surface do not like the silver pieces you I know.

And they leave the personal away that comes to no good.

I bewerfe not even with dirt because they can not detect a cast copy. but always very loud. they still remain objectively.

Gruß Hansgünter

Comment

So you are saying the silver piece is a cast copy???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X