Juncker Oakleaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.

No. I'm not validating the piece on that bit, but I'm not discluding it either. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get a set of Oaks authenticated and who'd be the right person to do it? Obviously Dietrich thinks Detlev and Kai are crooks. Anyone ever get ripped off by those dealers?

Comment

Just for the record: I do not think that either Nieman nor Kai Winkler is a crook nor did I say something like that. If you put another one like this in my mouth you are gone from this forum. Forever!

Why don't you do the right thing and do to the oaks the same thing you did to your IAB? In the end that is what will happen anyway.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Ken, i think your gut feeling about these leaves are quite good. I think you destroyed smth valuable.....

Comment

I dont know what you are hoping on Ken? I think Dietrich has given you the answer to your question here...

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
            You don't want to know ....

Or let me put it this way: Go ahead, drill more holes in that thing!

Comment

To Stefan.

It wasn't me that "damaged" it. It was my ex-girfriend. A long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
                It wasn't me that "damaged" it. It was my ex-girfriend. A long time ago.
                I guess she knew what she was doing

Comment

She knew alright...

. --Ken

Comment

where did you get the leafs from?

Comment

Who, what, where, when and why...

I bought them of "Regimentals" back in the mid-90's when they had the large grouping of medals from the Prien estate. I did not know then that this set was a Juncker, but I knew they were NOT a Godet set. Please understand, this was before the internet. Regimentals in the 90's was selling some very 1st rate militaria back in those days and I'm sure alot of collectors would concur. This set came cased with the ribbon. When I received them, they were highly detailed and the leafs splayed out the same way as pictured in Dietrich's L/12 900 set, which I believe to be "thinner" than mine. There is a reason for that, but let me also point out that Kai Winkler has 2 Juncker Oakleaves marked L/12 800 for sale. I believe them to be as original WW2 and match all die characteristics of Dietrich's. I firmly believe not all Juncker sets were in 900 silver. Further, many awards that Juncker made started thinning out (weighing less) as the war progressed. My set has an 800 mark that looks just like the one on Kai's and located in the bottom left. --Now, what happened to my Oakleaves? My ex-girl friend damaged them. I do not want to get into the what's and why's about it, but needless to say, she was upset and lost control. We never married. This is an 800 marked set of what's left of an Original 1st pattern Juncker set of Oakleaves that was awarded by Hitler himself to the "Bull of Scapa Flow", Gunther Prien. Even in it's dilapidated current state, it still holds alot of clues and it is "thicker" than Kai's and I'm sure, even Dietrich's example. Nuff said.

Comment

Then i woke up it was all a dream....

Comment

A dream.

No. Unfortunately, this is reality. --Ken

Comment

Thoes of us down in the badges forum decided we should share this member with our fellow collectors here. Hehehe, I love it!

Chet
                            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Thankyou Chet.

Your comments always welcome Chet. Nice to hear from you. --Ken

Comment

oh my god.......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X