Juncker Oakleaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight?

It doesn't have the coil on the back Will. If weighing them will help though, I'd be happy to assist, but give me 24hrs. Take a look at all aspects, die characteristics on this Oak... It's just not S&L and, for sure, NOT Godet. It's thick too, not a slimline piece of crap. Maybe it suffered a crash? Explosion? ---but details are still there.

Comment

I looked at Dietrich's Oaks too...

I looked at Dietrich's and Kai Winkler's. I see alot of similarities...

Comment

I do like them from an aesthetic standpoint.

Of course the weight would not help, its late and I have a slight headache, apologies

Comment

More...

I know your 6hrs ahead Will and with a headache, I sympathize. I've been there..lately. These have an 800 mark. Any further comment appreciated. --Ken

Comment

Maybe if you ask long enough someone will agree with you that they are Juncker. However, that still does not make them Juncker. They have no similarities whatsoever with a genuine Juncker set, which - by the way - is marked "900" and not "800".

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

And let there be light!

I'm not here to get into a verbal fist fight. If you are convinced, please demonstrate via pictures side to side. Otherwise, I will. Not tonight though because I've had a damn long day.

Comment

A quote from the movie 'Christine' might fit the bill here.

"You can't polish a Turd"!

Wayne

Comment

I am not in a verbal fist fight with you at all. I am just saying what I think about this. Now, just to make my point clearer, here is the requested comparison. As much as I try, I certainly can't see any similarities at all (apart form the missing L/12 900 stamp ...)

Dietrich

PS: I have the bad feeling that you are comparing to (another) fake Juncker....
                  Attached Files
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Oakleaves.

Take into consideration, my set is "bent" and has suffered blunt force trama. If you look at the sprig and details along the right side, you will see similarities. Mine's not a S&L (or it's '57 counterpart), it's not Godet, it's none of the known copies. It's not too hard to fathom an L/12 because it was made before that. It's really thick too which is consistent with anything Juncker did (being thicker that is).

Comment

Pics...

Further. The pictures I have supplied will not be good enough to verify, yet. More to come...when I get good daylight.

Comment

Before I sign off...

Kai's Juncker leaves are marked L/12 800 and not as "thick" as my set. --Ken

Comment

Well, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For my (maybe untrained) eye they are as different as a VW beetle to a Freightliner truck.

Please do not forget that the real Juncker oakleaves are marked L/12 and "900".

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Oakleaves...

My set was made before the L/ marked Juncker oakleaves, which can be found L/12 900 and L/12 800. The L/ sets are thinner. Mine is thicker and will look different along some of the outer edges because of that. You are wrong (wholesale) by saying these sets were made in 900 silver which makes me question your "Experise" altogether. I wonder what Kai Winkler, Detlev Niemann would say to that, let alone see my set in their hands. And, that is part of the dilemma here. So, back to squate 1.

Comment

I will agree on 1 point.

I will agree with you on 1 point. Juncker Oakleaves "were" issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
                                I wonder what Kai Winkler, Detlev Niemann would say to that, let alone see my set in their hands.
                                Oh, Niemann might just have added it to the four different Juncker Oaklevaes and/or Swords he already had in his catalog! The more the better! Makes the sales offer a little broader! I can imagine what Kai Winkler would say, but I will not quote it here.

I gather that behind the sentence "My set was made before the L/ marked Juncker oakleaves, which can be found L/12 900 and L/12 800." is some solid proof and not just the statement of an owner of a piece who wants it to be real very, very bad, or not?

Dietrich
                                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X