Juncker Oakleaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually...

There is "known" profile of Prien wearing his Oakleaves around the time they were issued and from that clear profile, which was done in color, may tell a better story. Regardless, you are wrong on a major point. Not all Juncker Oakleaves were done in 900 silver. Unless you want to dispute, the 2 on Kai's site, but that's another thread...

Comment

Hi Ken,

Originally posted by Panzercracker
      Unless you want to dispute, the 2 on Kai's site, but that's another thread...
      Is it your opinion that everything on Kai Winkler's site is authentic?
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Dealers online...

Like Dietrich, I will not comment on the "orignality" on "all" items sold on any online dealer sites. And, I will leave it like that. As far as his L/12 sets, they look right to me. Cut and paste and make comparisons.

Comment

Regimentals catalogue
          Attached Files

Comment

Thankyou Chen.

Yup, there she be in the top left corner. No mistake it's there catalog. Thanks Chen. --Ken

Comment

As a fellow Canadian (I think?), I hope you didn't stay out too long in that brutal cold winter we just had did you? I am seriously starting to wonder ...

Comment

Why would an award made by Adolf Hitler in October 1940 be in an LDO case? Especially when the LDO was introducing it's logo five months later? And why would an oakleaves set not be marked with ANY L/.. number when in an LDO case?

So, it is already very safe to say that this set was NOT the one awarded by Hitler (unless he was a crafty time traveller). Also, Günther Prien was surely not in the habit of even unpacking his Knights Cross which he was awarded in 1939 (andd also not his "Hitler awarded oaks" ..). On the other hand, it does not say that either the cross nor the oaks were the award pieces. It is very safe to say that the actual award cross for Prien was an unmagnetic, unmarked Juncker, not one marked "800" with heavy frosting. That would be a first!

Oh, the pre-internet days were a very funny time! Just as crazy as the 60s!

Dietrich

PS: Could Mr. Chen be so kind and to scan the oaks and the RK a little bit closer?

PSS: Günther Prien must have been very good with repacking the Cross and ironing the ribbon after the luncheon with the Führer ....

PSSS: and he wore his EK1, too at that day in 1939. But he packed it back into the case and left it there for the auction in minty condition ....
                Attached Files
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Cold?

I've seen worse winters than this and German WWII isn't the only stuff I collect. I don't support the "ideology" like many other collectors here.

Comment

So is there going to be a scissor finale to this?
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Sure, one could say that this is a second set of oaks Kptlt. Prien bought in order to have a spare. Unfortunately, this is also not possible since the LDO cases in which this piece rest were introduced after March 15, 1941. And that date is post the date Prien and his crew died in the Atlantic.

So, who bought that set? It was surely not Günther Prien.

This group has more holes than a well aged swiss cheese! I have seen better ones ....

Dietrich
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

LDO case.

Gordon Williamson's book has "good", tarnished examples, by Godet, without any "Schnee" remaining. Why doesn't Kai's set have the "frosting"? As far as the LDO case, it was a great "copy" of an original.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
                          I've seen worse winters than this and German WWII isn't the only stuff I collect. I don't support the "ideology" like many other collectors here.
                          Wow ... I sure hope you are sitting back laughing at this whole thread .... I can't fathom anyone actually typing this stuff and keeping a straight face

Comment

Roy.Ster.
                            Iam Uncle Sam
                            That’s who Iam
                            Been hiding out
                            In a rock and roll band

Comment

I was talking about the Knights Cross (which is for sure not the one Prien was awarded in 1939 - just as the other medals most likely did not belong to Kptlt. Prien.) The oaks are closed for me - they are NOT Priens (nor anybody else's pre May 1945)

So, the case was a fake, but the oaks were the ones Hitler gave personally to Prien? It is getting better by the post!

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
                                Gordon Williamson's book has "good", tarnished examples, by Godet, without any "Schnee" remaining. Why doesn't Kai's set have the "frosting"? As far as the LDO case, it was a great "copy" of an original.
                                Prien had his oaks in a repro case? Now that should tell you something.
                                pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X