Hitler's Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
    There is only one way i can think of to tell about hitlers 1st Cl IC being his or not. That is to use psycometry......
    I'm afraid the only way I would be 100% positive that an EK belonged to uncle Adolf would be if he personally gave it to me ... I think we all know what that chance is

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
      The Russians occupied large chunks of Austria before the final demarcation lines were acted upon and subsequently moved out.
      Sorry about that misunderstanding form my side

/Flemming

Comment

I recollect seeing a a pic' of AH with his EK1 in "x" position, as opposed to the correct "+" position - the comment to the photo' was that he must be wearing a screwback "copy" on that partiular uniform - so presumably "wardrobes" in Berlin, Berghof, Munich, Wolfslair HQ etc - I guess there were a several "copies" but of course only one original award piece!

Hadrian

Comment

Thanks for the info on "Hitler's" bones, I was scepticle that they were his.

Some interesting points here that his award piece was a standard flat type. I always assumed that it was a valted type. I don't know why I thought that, it is just an image I had in my mind.

I know there not the best odds but if you own a period WW1 piece then there is a 1 in a 200K chance that it belongeged to Herr Hitler. Improbable I know but much better odds than lotteries etc.

Each day I agree more and more of "if items could only talk".

I find it interesting too that I am now obssesed with finding makers that I forget about the person who earned it and what they must have done for it.

Very much "food for thought".

Thanks again to all and appologise for my spellin, I am currently on my mobile phone, no internet is getting installed at home until the 16th. Roll on 1 week, I'm fed up with missing last min bids on ebay!

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
            I'm afraid the only way I would be 100% positive that an EK belonged to uncle Adolf would be if he personally gave it to me ... I think we all know what that chance is
            Yes that is true, as for the special made frame, that one could be real by looking at it, or examining it.
            But then, all the Russian man had to do was to change the EK1 inside........

Comment

Last I saw, the Russians had one of Hitler's uniforms, including an EK 1, his hat as well as the Golden Party Badge he gave to Magda Goebbels in the state archives.

Comment

Soviet Occupation

Soviet forces were in Austria until 1955.

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                I think the citizens of Vienna may recall the Soviet occupation. Something like 25000 women were raped in the first 24 hours.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                  I think the citizens of Vienna may recall the Soviet occupation. Something like 25000 women were raped in the first 24 hours.

Bob Hritz
                  Many of the criminals especialy during later stage of war were Russian. But only Germans were held accountable Many Russians should have been hung for their murders and rapes.
                  Francisco

Comment

FSR. Your a complete fool. History, even that written written by victors tells the truth.

Comment

Unfortunately Francisco is spot on, to the victors the spoils, and the writing of 'history' according to their version of events. Noam Chomsky calls this 'manufacturing consent', do a google.

Comment

Yeah, monstermoron, take a hike.

I just checked your other posts and you're obviously just a peckerwood trying to cause trouble.

Jack Cough

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                          There is only one way i can think of to tell about hitlers 1st Cl IC being his or not. That is to use psycometry....etc .
                          I don't think this would count as evidence for me mate...I admit that crimes do seem to be solved by psychics but I wonder how many times the psychics get it wrong! Unless they have a 100% success rate this wouldn't pass the Fuhrer EK test for me either!
                          Cheers, Steve
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by monstermaster View Post
                            FSR. Your a complete fool. History, even that written written by victors tells the truth.
                            Sir, your first comment is inappropriate and the second is incredibly naive.
                            Cheers, Steve
                            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                              Unfortunately Francisco is spot on, to the victors the spoils, and the writing of 'history' according to their version of events. Noam Chomsky calls this 'manufacturing consent', do a google.
                              Vince, I like the reference mate!
                              Cheers, Steve

Comment

Back to the subject of medals and maybe a little of subject, hello gents.
                                I have a vaulted EK1 WW1 that is heavily worn
                                and it has a silver plated brass frame, is this common ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X