No announcement yet.

Hitler's Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That´s erverything you got? An article in the internet with no links or mentions of sources?! I do not doubt there are several things that are correct in this article, but its not even based on serious sources, no source mentioned anywhere anyhow. I can send you an article about a Hitler story where he flew to the moon on his secret Nazi-UFO as well, but does it proof anything? No.

It was not rare to get an EK1 on his rank?! Come on man, go home an read some books.

Comment

Gentlemen, I'd really like this thread to stay on the topic of Hitler's Iron Cross, and to not turn into a discussion of AH's combat chops. Does anyone else have anything to contribute regarding the decoration in question?
      George

Comment

Originally posted by Kraal View Post
        That´s erverything you got? An article in the internet with no links or mentions of sources?! I do not doubt there are several things that are correct in this article, but its not even based on serious sources, no source mentioned anywhere anyhow. I can send you an article about a Hitler story where he flew to the moon on his secret Nazi-UFO as well, but does it proof anything? No.

It was not rare to get an EK1 on his rank?! Come on man, go home an read some books.
        I can not properly react, because I would probably get some - points to my WAF account.
        Just go to your collection, if you have some and sell it. Then start collecting something not connected with Hitler and nacism, if you need to shame AH Iron Cross. I think Coco Island medals are fine for you.

Btw guys what is the real value of AH Iron Cross in Euros? Is someone on WAF who got any medal from AH at all ?

Comment

I remember, very well, back in the 1960s, two dealers offering Hitler's Iron Cross and wound badge. One was Ted Lenkel of Pallisades, New Jersey, and the other was an outfit called DISCO, in Wisconsin. Of course, neither could offer any 'provenance', and they were offered for years, so I can imagine all the Hitler Iron Crosses and wound badges in various collections.

Ted Lenkel also offered such wonderful collectibles as Himmler's eye glasses, Goebble's vest, Goering's bathroom rug and others too inane to mention.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
            I remember, very well, back in the 1960s, two dealers offering Hitler's Iron Cross and wound badge. One was Ted Lenkel of Pallisades, New Jersey, and the other was an outfit called DISCO, in Wisconsin. Of course, neither could offer any 'provenance', and they were offered for years, so I can imagine all the Hitler Iron Crosses and wound badges in various collections.

Ted Lenkel also offered such wonderful collectibles as Himmler's eye glasses, Goebble's vest, Goering's bathroom rug and others too inane to mention.

Bob Hritz
            That is cool, any ideas about prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
              what a shame Hitler didn't die in WW1..
              I agree - that cost 10 of millions of lives in the 2. WW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by smitty View Post
              I believe that Stephen Wolfe has one of Hitlers uniforms with the EK1 on it. You can see it in Wolfe and Hardins brochure, and on their website. It is www.wolfehardin.com . Go to page 8. I have seen the uniform in person with some other Hitler artifacts, truly amazing to see. Smitty.
              Enjoy

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Political%20Ranks.htm

Last edited by OU812; 03-24-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Hitler in the 1. WW.

Obviously a flat EKI

Link: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/alb...281917-29.html

and: http://cgilbertlpmedia.files.wordpre...0/hitler14.jpg

Attached Files
                Last edited by OU812; 03-24-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

And in the 2. WW - still a flat EKI.

Link: http://www.nndb.com/people/197/000025122/ahitler.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by OU812; 03-24-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

This EK however COULD be valulted.

Link: http://mail.esdnl.ca/~craig_halliday/hitler.gif
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by OU812; 03-24-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the links and photographs, they are excellent!

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        Hitler in the 1. WW.

Obviously a flat EKI
                        I've never seen this photograph. Can you give me the link/full photograph, please?

Comment

Adolf probably had his original FLAT iron cross on when this portrait was painted.

With this picture the thread can be closed *SSS*

Link: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NHHTvTVxCm...r_portrait.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by OU812; 03-24-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Upcoming Hermann Historica Auction, starting price 5000euro.

Iron Cross 1st Class of 1914, blackened iron core with silvered frame, the attachment pin punched "S-W". In its original case of issue with gold-stamped Iron Cross silhouette on the cover and white silk as well as violet velvet lining. In a slightly damaged shipping carton labelled "Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse - Nur von dem Beliehenen zu öffnen" (Iorn Cross 1st Class - to be opened only by the recipient).
                            Included is Hitler's personal transcript of the award order (tr) "Corporal War Volunteer Adolf Hitler was awarded today, the 4th of August 1918, on highest orders from His Majesty Kaiser and King Wilhelm II, the Iron Cross 1st Class..." On the reverse is a true to scale plan drawn by Hitler of the 2nd Battle of the Marne, dated and signed on the lower right "Gefr. A. Hitler Aug. 18". Extremely detailed, with individual villages as well as a hand-drawn Iron Cross with notation "Eis. Kreuz I. Kl." Also, Hitler's personal transcript of the award recommendation for the EK I dated 31 July 1918. Both documents folded and in an envelop addressed to Hitler.
                            Included is a signed attestation by Anny Winter from 1968.
                            Hitler was bestowed the Iron Cross 1st Class on 4 August 1918 by his regimental commander Freiherr von Tubeuf. Three days earlier his regiment, which had lost more than half its men during the 2nd Battle of the Marne, was placed in a reserve position at Le Cateau.
                            Also see the documents estate of Freiherr von Godin in the "Orders Bavaria" section, Lot Number (T01623) for a photograph of the original award recommendation for Hitler's EK I.

00787.jpg

00787_b.jpg
                            Last edited by Jon-Olav Holden; 04-12-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]1479598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1479599[/ATTACH]

Comment

I don't see that lot. Can you give me the lot number, please?
                                Best regards,
                                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X