BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is one Souval cross I do happen to like!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zambrotta11 View Post
    That is a tough question.
    LDO marked crosses are produced later in the war and the production of EKs with brass cores supposedly ended early in the war.

It is had to determine when a brass cored LDO marked cross was made.

Best Regards,
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

what you say here is true, but I have never seen a magnetic L/19, and I have an unmagnetic L/12 as well.
    So it is very hard to say when these were made.

Nice one Robert!!
    For some reason I tend to believe the glossy paint is from the early years, but I have no proof for it.
    It' s based on the round 3 and schinkel ek's, the percentage that has glossy finish is pretty high in these 2 groups.

Chris, thanks for your contribution, and please do post your cross here.
    You are right, they are rare indeed.

Best regards,
    Ben

Comment

OK guys, Nigel will now post some images of my veteran "L/58" They have double stamped the mark on this one. Sorry the images are not clearer but it is dark winters night here in New Zealand and we have no natural light. If you want to see any more angles or details then please let me know. Like-wise we could do some more shots in day-light at a later date if you want.

Interested to know what you think. This one was really there,

Chris

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That is a very nice cross with a lot of character Chris

Thanks fo sharing, I really like the looks of this cross!!

Best regards,
                      Ben

Comment

All images are now up so I hope that does the trick and gives you guys what you need to compare with.

Reading the thread again, I see that some do not like "15" EK1's. While looking for this EK1 I came across my veteran one of those with 15 in a wee indented square. Do we also need images of that one for the 15 debate or is it only the L15 and L/15 which are in question there.

Let me know, Chris

Comment

Chris,

Thank you for the photos of your cross. Very nice example, with very much character. I think I see the small die flaw between three beads on the left side of the upper arm. Mine has the same. All of our stamps look alike also. I trust your experience with this vet, and catalog your cross as a wartime piece. I don't know how much others will take this to heart, but for me, it is proof enough. Thank you again for posting your images, and for sharing your story.

Robert

Comment

To compare maker marks - Ben, Chris, mine...

Robert
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by robert pierce; 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Ben and Chris,

I'm curious if your crosses have the same flaws across the top arm, especially the typical bead flaw on the far left side of the beading between the 2nd and 4th bead...

Robert
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                                Ben and Chris,

I'm curious if your crosses have the same flaws across the top arm, especially the typical bead flaw on the far left side of the beading between the 2nd and 4th bead...

Robert
                                Hello Robert, the flaw is there on mine but it is not on the top arm.

On mine facing the date and swaz it is on the right hand arm of the cross.
                                I suppose they were not too worried about which way the top frame was applied but what is on the right of mine is almost identical to whats on the top of yours.

Do want me to post an image of it because I can arrange that but it will be later this week,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X