No announcement yet.

The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weeks later and I'm still glued to the book!! Again, I say it was one heck of an effort and an affirmation that if we as 'collectors' get together to do something it will be done right!

That said now.....how is the book (The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross) being reviewed on other Forums. Those in Europe? Is it being discussed at all?
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
      What are the specs on the German edition? When will it be available, how much will it cost, where can I get it, etc.? (As a "variations" collector, I have to know! )
      The German edition will go to the printer in the next days. It will be asolutely identical to the English one. Whats on page 255 will be on page 255 again.

The price is not set yet but it will be in Euro since it will be most likely sold out of Germany...

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Finally got a regular edition of this superb book today,the only Knights Cross I have left in my collection is one of the burnt down building found Zimmermans,but reading this book makes me realize that even a burnt and restored example like mine is still a pretty special medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
          That said now.....how is the book (The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross) being reviewed on other Forums. Those in Europe? Is it being discussed at all?

The reception in german fora is very good in all but one. I am on the 'list' at the so called largest German Militaria Forum since I left there since I was not comfortable with the political undertone - so the owner of the forum forbid any discussion, mentioning or review of my book. But I will survive!

The other english fora seem to have also a more detached view...

Judging by the e-mails I'm getting from all over the world the books seems to have a good reception overall if one takes the politics aside.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
            The reception in german fora is very good in all but one. I am on the 'list' at the so called largest German Militaria Forum since I left there since I was not comfortable with the political undertone - so the owner of the forum forbid any discussion, mentioning or review of my book. But I will survive!

The other english fora seem to have also a more detached view...

Judging by the e-mails I'm getting from all over the world the books seems to have a good reception overall if one takes the politics aside.

I just have to ask then...what's the buzz on the Gent's forum and particularly any feedback from Williamson? I know that several members (here) visit....anyone know of any discussions, cudos or disagreements??
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

I just have to ask then...what's the buzz on the Gent's forum and particularly any feedback from Williamson? I know that several members (here) visit....anyone know of any discussions, cudos or disagreements??
              A few WAF members have posted over there about the book ... Darrell is doing a good job advertising it on two ongoing threads.

By the way, no 123 finally arrived today in remote Quebec, Canada.

Comment

I guess that I won't be popular at Christmas get-togethers, as I will be reading my Christmas present

Oh yah.........Darrell..........Your Customs Inspector must have liked your book, 'coz MY Customs Inspector charged me $14.75

The WORST thing is....that the book is out of the box, but still in that semi see-through foam wrap. It's drivin' me c-r-a-z-y

I wish that she'd at least wrap it, or hide it ! I feel like a wino in a room with a bottle, but no cork screw

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sam steele View Post
                  I guess that I won't be popular at Christmas get-togethers, as I will be reading my Christmas present

Oh yah.........Darrell..........Your Customs Inspector must have liked your book, 'coz MY Customs Inspector charged me $14.75

The WORST thing is....that the book is out of the box, but still in that semi see-through foam wrap. It's drivin' me c-r-a-z-y

I wish that she'd at least wrap it, or hide it ! I feel like a wino in a room with a bottle, but no cork screw

Bill
                  Oouch Bill. The Customs dudes must have been sleeping to let mine get through. It's been the ONLY time a "book" has made it come through unscathed ... even though it had the full price on the shipping invoice.

Damn, your wife is REAL cruel. Does she like pulling the wings off flies and making them walk?
                  Last edited by Darrell; 12-05-2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I couldn't get more silence out of a gagged, legless cricket

However, I have a sneaking suspicion a few books are being purchased through "3rd Parties" and not from Dietrich personally .....

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post

However, I have a sneaking suspicion a few books are being purchased through "3rd Parties" and not from Dietrich personally .....

I knew I could depend on you!!! I couldn't and didn't want to ask outright but felt there was a 'void'...

Thanks Darrell! You affirmed my suspicions regarding the lack of character some 'Gents' display!
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Mr. Stupid

In a fit of stupidly I had mine sent to UK rather than Asia (where I live). So spare a thought for me as I've got to wait until after Christmas to pick it up

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jenkins View Post
                          In a fit of stupidly I had mine sent to UK rather than Asia (where I live). So spare a thought for me as I've got to wait until after Christmas to pick it up
                          I'm sure PK will take it off you if you decide to order another one He lives near the UK doesn't he?

Comment

Geez Darrell....don't give her ideas

Right....Desperate men do desperate things......

I think that it's time to jump the tripwires and get past Rommell the German Shepherd........Time for a peek before it disappears for a few weeks.

Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sam steele View Post

Wish me luck.

Looks like you need a big gun and some hot air ....

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post

Darrell, Dietrich, ...I still can't get a 'feel' for the reaction to the book other than from what is being said here....SURELY good enough but I wonder what the 'old school' is commenting as afterall there are some major contradictions involved!

I get the feel that there's silence...and heck, that's akin to 'book burning' in a cyber sense!
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X