The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam steele View Post
    Oh yah.........Darrell..........Your Customs Inspector must have liked your book, 'coz MY Customs Inspector charged me $14.75
    Bill
    Dispute the charge- by law there is no custom duties on books coming to Canada, unfortunately some customs officers are not aware of it but simple inquiry should help you reverse the bill-unless of course it was an administrative charge on a part of FEDEX or other shipping company.
    cheers
    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner View Post
      Dispute the charge- by law there is no custom duties on books coming to Canada, unfortunately some customs officers are not aware of it but simple inquiry should help you reverse the bill-unless of course it was an administrative charge on a part of FEDEX or other shipping company.
      cheers
      Matt
      Was this Customs fees or GST + PST?

Comment

No. 13 has landed in England

I was aloud a peek by my wife, but alas I have to wait until Christmas now until I can read it

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
          Was this Customs fees or GST + PST?
          The customs fees (standard) are about 9.5% (been a while since I checked) but books are exempt. Not sure about standard taxes (GST/PST). Never paid any taxes on books before and bought a lot so I'd assume tax exemption on books applies too as I don`t believe in good nature and spirit of giving of our Customs officials.
          cheers
          Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt and Darrell,

To be honest, I think that I saw a stamp that said "Unopened by Customs", but that the value was about $100 (Thanks Dietrich ). The book was so well wrapped (and of course I had my own "Inspector" getting to it first), the cardboard outer box was tossed out after I had a passing glance at the package (she caught me opening the pac ). You're probably right - it could have been just taxes.

Just bought a large Promotion document and photos to an Oberstabsarzt (Doctor) in the Army, with original signatures of Hitler and Brauchitsch(1938). That'll keep me occupied until I FINALLY get to read Serial # 236

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

I received my copy this week, but had no time to look into it.
              No I had a bit of time....

Dietrich : you have really done a great job!!!

Best regards,
              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner View Post
                The customs fees (standard) are about 9.5% (been a while since I checked) but books are exempt. Not sure about standard taxes (GST/PST). Never paid any taxes on books before and bought a lot so I'd assume tax exemption on books applies too as I don`t believe in good nature and spirit of giving of our Customs officials.
                cheers
                Matt

I'm not sure if the "Customs Fee" is a flat rate or is dependent of "Declared Value". Most times I see a charge of $5-$10 the rest is GST (I don't pay PST in Alberta). The Sales Tax(es) is/are the real killer in fees

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane View Post
                  Darrell, Dietrich, ...I still can't get a 'feel' for the reaction to the book other than from what is being said here....SURELY good enough but I wonder what the 'old school' is commenting as afterall there are some major contradictions involved!

I get the feel that there's silence...and heck, that's akin to 'book burning' in a cyber sense!
                  Here Dave, you can order one "incognito"
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just ordered my limited edition (a bit late, I know, but better late than never )

Best,

Nico

Comment

Originally posted by Nico C View Post
                      Just ordered my limited edition (a bit late, I know, but better late than never )

Best,

Nico
                      It is Great to see you back Nico
                      mine is 216 you will not beat me this time

Comment

Originally posted by WenRan View Post
                        It is Great to see you back Nico
                        mine is 216 you will not beat me this time

Thanks for welcoming me back, Randy .

Mine is 248 and it is going out on Monday.
                        Right on time for the Xmass holiday!

Thank you, Dietrich!!

Best,
                        Nico

Comment

My stash has arrived!
                          Attached Files
                          George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
                            My stash has arrived!
                            Three!!

One distant day, these will be found and sold as the 'California Hoarde'...

M.

Comment

Actually, I have four. I got one of the original ten copies almost two months ago. These three additional volumes arrived today. As you can see, I buy books about EKs in the same manner that I buy the EKs themselves -- in plenty!
                              George

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                                One distant day, these will be found and sold as the 'California Hoarde'...
                                But that is nothing compared to the Michigan mother load ..
                                Attached Files
                                B&D PUBLISHING
                                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X