The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received my signed copy today. No.72.
    Absolutely sensational!!! The only book you will ever need on KC.

Thanks D.

Regards,
    AB.
    In memory of my Uncle,
    Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
    2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
    Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

My copies finally arrived today !! My Wife found the Box sitting out front in the Rain ..soaked. (Thank You Postal Service) .. Luckily <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Dietrich</st1:PersonName> overwrapped them and that protected all the copies from any damage….they’re a little cold & damp but fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
      I can’t believe these Post Office guys ..no common sense whatsoever <o></o>
      Thanks for spending the extra time wrapping them up <st1:PersonName w:st="on">Dietrich</st1:PersonName> ..it really paid off.
      <o></o>
      <o>I'm going to let them "warm up" a bit before I dig in ..can't wait ! </o>
      <o> </o>

Comment

Excellent book!

Comment

Mine came today. Now, nobody bother me.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

As everyone settles down in the nice cold weather by the fire to read this book, will WAF slow to a crawl? #231 showed up at my house this weekend.

Jason

Comment

Number 40 arrived today. Now for a hot pot of coffee, a quiet day, and time to digest the contents.

The overall look and quality of binding, paper, print and graphics makes this a book that is inviting to handle and a companion for many years.

Thanks for all the hard work, Dietrich.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Moderators and Lifetime members - you have responsibilities - you cannot fall into a dream state - there work to be done.

Comment

I'm holding onto signed copy number 76
                  I wonder who will get no. 350?

Comment

I finally spent some quality time with it…thought I'd share my feelings .
                    As we reach for History through our “Hobby” , our reference books have grown along with us. Many of our books have set “milestones” for us and will continue to serve us (and the Hobby) for generations to come. They’ve taught us more about the items that we posses, shown us artifacts that we never knew existed , …and some things we can only hope to ever see or hold. <O</O
                    Unfortunately , the reproductions have also kept up with us and in some cases even out paced our reference books. As far as the RK is concerned , I think that “race” is over .
                    <O</O
                    For the first time , we have a Book that goes far beyond only showing the various makers of the Award. This is not a picture book , this is a Manual.<O</O
                    Written with the “eye” and approach of an Engineer ..as a “tool” for the Collector & Historian.

<O</O
                    I honestly feel that <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PersonName w:st="on">Dietrich</st1:PersonName>’s book on the Knights Cross has brought us and our “Hobby” to a whole new level …this book has set a new standard and I’m sure it will define how all of our future reference books will be written.
                    <O</O
                    A superbly crafted reference<O</O
                    ...Congratulations <st1:PersonName w:st="on">Dietrich...</st1:PersonName>
                    <O</O

<O</O
                    <O</O
                    Last edited by Mike P.; 11-26-2007, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Yes Indeed a wonderfull reference I recieved No 32. Alltough I disagree with your conclusion on the 800/4, I still think it is a wonderfull reference. ..............Regards Too all Jimmy

Comment

I recieved mine the day before yesterday. I am looking for some quite time to delve into it. Breifly viewing it I know it will be delicious!

Chet
                        Zinc stinks!

Comment

since they were already delivered in Holland and Belgium, my copy must have been on the sunken cruise-ship...

regards,
                          ben

Comment

Lair

Copy #199 arrived safely in my Underground Lair.

Thank You,

Professor Doktor Freiherr Axel Von Strangelove an der Oder

Comment

Don't worry Ben,

Mine hasn't arrived either!
                              "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

It's arrived

#213 has arrived safely in England

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X