No announcement yet.

The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received No. 240 at 4.20pm whats the post man playing at looks great flicking through the pages! will go nicely on the shelf with my Iron Time (No. 266) nearly had the same number

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post

It is also clear that the number past 44 is a lot greater than the number pre 44. Just look at the award numbers of the RK! The 50% point is in Jan 44! Does somebody know the realtaion between unmarked, L-marked and PKZ marked EK1 and EK2?? Or is it just a "feeling"?

However, I agree that the PKZ number was most likely used earlier with the DK's. Why and when I don't know. And "know" I define by "having a document" or "solid provenance", not gut feel or speculation.

The sparking of such a discussion is exactly what that book should do. At least the written and contemporary evidence is now on the table for all to see.

And yes, L-marked pieces were (as RK and higher) awarded but because of the time and reson outlined in the book.

Dietrich
      Yes, this makes sense Dietrich. It is clear that for lesser awards, the PKZ number was established before 1944, however, with RKs, that probably was an entirely different matter and your date, based on the evidence you have at hand, would support that conclusion.

John

Comment

Hello

At last my wait is over !! I have just received my numbered limited edition copy, (No 28), of Dietrichs Knights Cross book. Initial glance through it and my impressions of it are good.

Now for some serious reading.

Regards
        David

Comment

Well, it appears Canada --> US mail service is the slowest on earth but the masterpice made it

Haven't had a chance to gander through it yet ... but Numero 19 it is

Merci D.

Comment

I agree with Darrell - mail service is the pits between the US and Canada (great between Canada and Britain, though). That's just my opinion from working 32 years in Canada Post

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy to Ontario. I hope that there aren't too many Dietrich fans in Customs

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by sam steele View Post
              ..... I hope that there aren't too many Dietrich fans in Customs

Cheers,

Bill
              I was beginning to think that Mr. Customs Inspector 13 was sitting at home reading my book before he sent it onto me.

Another good thing ... ZERO customs fees THAT ... has to be a first for books coming into Canada

Comment

Just received my regular copy today, the best reference work to date by far! and I have most of the previous publications.... well done indeed Dietrich, a knowledgable script from the heart of a true enthusiast and a bible for any collector, past, present or future. Thank you.

Comment

Edition 180

Received my copy, number 180 yesterday

All the superlatives have already been expressed

Just want to add my personal thank you to Dietrich.

Russell

Comment

I received my book today.......barely!

My dear mail man wrote MOVED on the parcel. Luckily, I received a FINAL NOTICE card.....at my correct address

Anyway.......I can't open it, as it has been seized by my better half, and I can't open it until CHRISTMAS

I'm.....sure....that....it's.....wonderful

Bill

Comment

#114 came in today. I'll have it read before the week is up. Excellent!

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by sam steele View Post
                        I received my book today.......barely!

My dear mail man wrote MOVED on the parcel. Luckily, I received a FINAL NOTICE card.....at my correct address

Anyway.......I can't open it, as it has been seized by my better half, and I can't open it until CHRISTMAS

I'm.....sure....that....it's.....wonderful

Bill
                        Damn Bill .... that means .... err .... 21 days sitting there watching it under the tree

Sorry couldn't resist. Maybe Robert can loan you one of his to read (incognito)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                          Thank you, Dietrich, for being objective and for allowing the study to continue. Fair, objective, and scientific, without agenda, is a refreshing change from book written by dealers and collectors for the purpose of promoting the sales of held items. I look forward to future tomes and further research by Dietrich, in our quest for the TRUTH. Perhaps we will know, one day, a perfect and unforgiving time line for the Steinhauer and Lueck Knight's Crosses. It appears that Dietrich's work has made all other known original types documented and clearly illustrated, for identification of the telltale 'fingerprints' to determine authenticity.

If only all reference books were so well done, the murky waters of collecting would have cleared, long ago.

Bob Hritz

I can't say it better than Bob, so 'll quote him to express my thoughts.
                          I'm very very pleased with the book. Well done Dietrich!

Jeroen

Comment

#140 is finally in! Great work, Dietrich!

Comment

Thanks again for all the nice words! It is very refreshing to have such a positive feed-back.

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

What are the specs on the German edition? When will it be available, how much will it cost, where can I get it, etc.? (As a "variations" collector, I have to know! )
                                George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X