No announcement yet.

1957 Knights Cross for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see any beading flaws on the frame nor the "knee flaw" - so these must be "C" frame.

Comment

I will look closer tonight when im home from work. Thanks, Mathijs

Regards
      Samir

Comment

Two fine examples Samir!!
        Condition is super, especially the white frosting, this looks as good as new!!
        Unfortunately, the bright white frosting is making it hard to see if there are flaws on the beading or not??
        I think the 2nd RK is a C frame, the first one I am not as sure about, the loop eye doesn't dip into the frame, but it could have had extra hand finishing, also, by darkening the image a little, this part of the beading does appear to have flaws........
        attachment (7).jpg
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Nigel, thanks for chiming in and for the compliments.
          Yes, they are sweet examples. Going by the one with the fixed ribbon and safety pin I think thats the one Schleiper wore in the post war years.
          I am currently at work but which part of the cross you want me to take usb shots? I can take better pics for you and Mathijs if you'd like. Thanks again.

Samir

Comment

Hi Samir!
            Some B frames are more flawed than others, but the 9 o'clock arm, and possibly the 6 o'clock too should show some flaws if it is a B.............
            attachment (9).jpg

Comment

Ok, gotcha. I will even take pics of the ring without the glare. Thanks

Comment

Good evening, gents! Well, I got home and plugged in my USB scope and the LED lights failed to come on. Time for a new one but no worries I always keep a 20X loupe just in case.
                I've studied the cross carefully and even compared the flaws to a textbook B frame. Unfortunately the Schleipers cross did not have those flaws, so I stand corrected.
                No worries, they are still beautiful examples.
                Nigel, Mathijs, thanks for your kind help, you guys are great!

regards
                Samir

Comment

Thanks Samir!
                  As you said, still great RK's, and the 1st pattern / C frame combo is actually rarer than the 1st/ B, not as early but still!!!!!!!!!!
                  -Nigel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X