1957 Knights Cross for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking to purchase a textbook 1957 KC First pattern and I came across this one. I am wondering if it is original and the desired type 1. Your thoughts, gents. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Samir
    Attached Files

Another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Please post this in the 57 section below. I saw this also on the Elite Militaria site on Ebay. You will get the answers you wish from the "57" gang. Tom

Comment

I've been looking to purchase a textbook 1957 KC First pattern and I came across this one. I am wondering if it is original and the desired type 1. Your thoughts, gents. Thanks in advance.

Regards
        Samir
        Attached Files

Comment

I also saw this today on the Elite Militaria site new yesterday. They had another just last week which sold quickly. IMO it's original. Tom

Comment

well that was quick ! it sold already ! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
              Please post this in the 57 section below. I saw this also on the Elite Militaria site on Ebay. You will get the answers you wish from the "57" gang. Tom
              Already SOLD !

Comment

Thank you, Tom,

I was told by a respected member it is not the early 57. So what is it? B frame, C? One piece construction? So what do I have? I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Regards
                Samir

Comment

Just so u guys know I purchased it. I paid over $400 not knowing it wasn't the early desired ones I was looking for. This one, I think cost me dearly. I am already off to a rough start. Sorry for bugging u guys, as well. I'm trying to learn, by using the forums search engine.

Comment

Originally posted by SSamir View Post
                    Thank you, Tom,

I was told by a respected member it is not the early 57. So what is it? B frame, C? One piece construction? So what do I have? I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Regards
                    Samir
                    It's a 3 piece construction cross. Not the super early, but still has the 1st pattern core. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      It's a 3 piece construction cross. Not the super early, but still has the 1st pattern core. Tom
                      Ok, great, thank you, Tom.

I have done some searching and members have mentioned "B" and "C" frames. These only apply to the 1st pattern types?

Comment

I would say that at $400 (260 GB pounds) you didn't really pay way over the top for it. You certainly have not been 'ripped off' in my opinion. I can imagine it being listed for more than that on most UK militaria dealers websites.

Comment

Originally posted by reichenberg View Post
                          I would say that at $400 (260 GB pounds) you didn't really pay way over the top for it. You certainly have not been 'ripped off' in my opinion. I can imagine it being listed for more than that on most UK militaria dealers websites.
                          Figures why I received 2 pms already offering to buy it, lol. I haven't even received it, yet, but when I do, I will take photos and study it before I let it go. I want the 1st pattern type and it looks like I will be dishing out more than $400. Oh well, if thats what they are going for, then so be it. Thank you.

Regards
                          Samir

Comment

If it's not too much trouble, can anyone post pics of a textbook first pattern type for comparison, please? I would like to see the difference. Thanks much.

Regards
                            Samir

Comment

Hi Samir!
                              The core on yours is the 1st pattern, but the frame is the later "C" type!
                              Please show some more photo's when you get it, as I am still a little suspicious of some of the pieces sold by Elite Militaria.
                              The case looks fake, and possibly the ribbon too?
                              The frame doesn't look particularly well assembled, nor does the finish look great? If it is a good piece, maybe it is a later assembled one using an earlier core???
                              -Nigel
                              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X