No announcement yet.

1957 Knights Cross for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It won't be $400 but a lot more. Elitemilitaria is now a member here so hopefully we can learn more about the items he has for sale and he can even check some out with us like Novara does. I still love the D frame I purchased from he years ago now. Mind you I now have a B and a C to admire along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
      It won't be $400 but a lot more. Elitemilitaria is now a member here so hopefully we can learn more about the items he has for sale and he can even check some out with us like Novara does. I still love the D frame I purchased from he years ago now. Mind you I now have a B and a C to admire along with it.
      Hi Tony,

Yes, it will be more. Two supposedly 1st pattern versions have been offered to me and one is $800, the other $900. Now all I have to do this time is make sure they are correct and we can go from there.
      Would love to see your KCs. Thanks

Samir

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
        I still love the D frame I purchased from he years ago now. Mind you I now have a B and a C to admire along with it.
        Don't take me wrong. The D frame is still a beautiful piece. It's just not what I wanted. I wanted the first pattern due to its rarity and time frame it was produced. If I had the extra funds, I would have kept the D type, as well.

Samir

Comment

Great...keep it ! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by SSamir View Post
            Two supposedly 1st pattern versions have been offered to me and one is $800, the other $900.
            Are they the RK's attributed to Generalleutnant Fritz Schlieper? Two beautiful first pattern "C"-frames right there!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=805921

Regards,
            Nick
            Last edited by Mustangstje; 06-05-2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangstje View Post
              Are they the RK's attributed to Generalleutnant Fritz Schlieper? Two beautiful first pattern "C"-frames right there!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=805921

Regards,
              Nick
              Hi Nick,

No, totally different.

Comment

Nice "b" frame rk

Hi Mathijs.

Nice one, is it For Sale?

Regards
                Elite

Comment

I have a lot of studying to do to figure these things out. B Frame, C frame, early, late. I have no clue what is what yet, haven't yet plunged into the crosses

Comment

Anyone here has nice pics of a Schickle RK? i'm looking to buy one and I'm already having trouble finding one.

Comment

Schickle KC
                      Attached Files

Comment

And another one ....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh my, that is one good looking cross. It appears to be marked? My compliments on a fine specimen.

Comment

They are the most beautiful of all the 57 RK's !!! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                              They are the most beautiful of all the 57 RK's !!! Tom
                              Hi Tom,

I read somewhere that Schickle crosses are larger in size than the St&ls? Is this true?

Samir

Comment

Yes Samir, they are slightly larger than the S&L, but they weren't made by Schickle, they use the same frame dies that were used on the RK's Schickle sold (or made!!) pre 1941!
                                Years ago it was believed they were made by Schickle, until it was realised that Schickle ceased medal production in 1941, and never started again!!!
                                The name has "stuck" but is inaccurate!!!
                                It is almost certain that they were made by Deumer, which explains the quality of them, as Deumer pieces are, renowned for their quality!!!
                                -Nigel
                                sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X