1957 Knights Cross for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nigel,

I read somewhere in the forums that Schickle went back to producing them in 57 for a very short period of time and stopped? Ever heard of that? I need to find the thread.

Samir

Comment

No Samir, that is definitely wrong!!
      They sold off all their dies and remaining stock by auction in '41!!
      There is in fact some evidence to show that maybe Deumer made them wartime and Schickle were no more than retailers, but that's another story I guess!!
      -Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Ok, gotcha.
        Someone should write a book on 57ers.
        I recently purchased Dietrichs book on RKs and was wondering if it mentions the post war ones. Hmmm.

Samir

Comment

New discoveries are still being made when it comes to 57ers, and there are many gaps in our knowledge, if someone brought a book out now, some of it would have to be guesswork!!!
          Many books that concentrate mainly on wartimers, have a small 57 chapter at the end, but several have glaring errors!!!!!!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
            New discoveries are still being made when it comes to 57ers, and there are many gaps in our knowledge, if someone brought a book out now, some of it would have to be guesswork!!!
            Many books that concentrate mainly on wartimers, have a small 57 chapter at the end, but several have glaring errors!!!!!!!!
            -Nigel
            Thanks Nigel,

Thats OK, I can still use the forum as it is a great source for these 57ers.
            I have two early 57ers. One should arrive tomorrow and the other is on its way from Europe. Cant wait to receive.

Samir

Comment

DEUMER (SCHICKLE) RK 57er

Deumer manufacture these RK's in the late 1950's. It is the Holy Grail in 1957 Knight Crosses.

Otto Schickle went out of business and sold his remaining stock and dies to the Deumer Company in 1941.

The cross has a distinctive "dimple" mark on the first rib of the upward frame on the 12 o'clock arm.

The core shows a distinctive number "3" font in its "1939" with the angle of the top side stroke striking through the top of the number "9".

Comment

Originally posted by elitemilitaria View Post
                Deumer manufacture these RK's in the late 1950's. It is the Holy Grail in 1957 Knight Crosses.

Otto Schickle went out of business and sold his remaining stock and dies to the Deumer Company in 1941.

The cross has a distinctive "dimple" mark on the first rib of the upward frame on the 12 o'clock arm.

The core shows a distinctive number "3" font in its "1939" with the angle of the top side stroke striking through the top of the number "9".
                Interesting. I will look into it since I picked up a "Schickle" KR. Thank You.

Regards
                Samir

Comment

Hi Samir,

Good one, please attach some photo's once you have received the RK.

May I ask how much you paid for it? I understand if you don't want to share this information.

Regards
                  Elite

Comment

Originally posted by elitemilitaria View Post
                    Hi Samir,

Good one, please attach some photo's once you have received the RK.

May I ask how much you paid for it? I understand if you don't want to share this information.

Regards
                    Elite
                    I had all RK veterens here look at it via email and it was instantly given the thumbs up. Its an unmarked Deumer/"Schickle". I got a fair price for it. Its not complete. No loop, no case, maybe a ribbon (forgot to ask buyer). I have an osl, correct period, that I will be matching it with. I hear its not easy to get a case for it, as it is bigger in size? I will post pics later on when I get home.

Comment

By the way, it wasnt advertised for sale. I did a lot of asking around and the seller had 2. He had a mint one, cased, so he sold me the least desired one. Very nice guy.

Comment

Here u go.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Deumer
                          Attached Files

Comment

Deumer 2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SSamir View Post
                              By the way, it wasnt advertised for sale. I did a lot of asking around and the seller had 2. He had a mint one, cased, so he sold me the least desired one. Very nice guy.
                              The guy with the pink camera is indeed very nice and also a forum vet here. If he says it's good, you can trust him.

Wasn't it advertised with loop last year?

Regards,
                              Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangstje View Post
                                The guy with the pink camera is indeed very nice and also a forum vet here. If he says it's good, you can trust him.

Wasn't it advertised with loop last year?

Regards,
                                Nick
                                Hi Nick,

I wouldnt know, I just started these a week ago. ; )

Samir

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X