Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
    Hi Samir!
    The core on yours is the 1st pattern, but the frame is the later "C" type!
    Please show some more photo's when you get it, as I am still a little suspicious of some of the pieces sold by Elite Militaria.
    The case looks fake, and possibly the ribbon too?
    The frame doesn't look particularly well assembled, nor does the finish look great? If it is a good piece, maybe it is a later assembled one using an earlier core???
    -Nigel
    Hi Nigel,

Absolutely! I will post new and better pics as soon as I receive it.

Regards
    Samir

Comment

Hi Samir!
      ... I am still a little suspicious of some of the pieces sold by Elite Militaria.
      My thoughts exactly. This guy has some really dodgy items as well as some nice ones. You must give them credit for the quality of the pictures on their website. I bet they sell more items on the quality of photos than anything.

Comment

First pattern with "D"-frame? Hmmm, not liking this RK too much.

Regards,
        Nick

Comment

Hi Nick!
          You could well be right, it could be a "D" not a "C"
          Whichever frame, it doesn't appear to match the core in terms of age etc.
          But....we have seen S&L use older parts on later pieces, so it has a chance of being ok??
          Hope so for the buyer!!!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your input and excuse my ignorance, but what is not good about the "D" frame?
            Looks like I'm gonna be sending this one back.

Samir

Comment

I just pmd the seller to cancel the order. I will keep u guys updated. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I have merged both threads on this RK to make it easier to follow!!!

@Samir..the "D" frame was the last frame variant S&L used and first appeared in the 1980's I think, a long time after the 1st pattern core!
                But....what sometimes happened at S&L, was that they found old parts laying around, and used them up on pieces currently being made, so they could have found a core from the 50's/early 60's some twenty years later, and used it in an RK that was being produced at the time??
                -Nigel

Comment

I have merged both threads on this RK to make it easier to follow!!!

@Samir..the "D" frame was the last frame variant S&L used and first appeared in the 1980's I think, a long time after the 1st pattern core!
                  But....what sometimes happened at S&L, was that they found old parts laying around, and used them up on pieces currently being made, so they could have found a core from the 50's/early 60's some twenty years later, and used it in an RK that was being produced at the time??
                  -Nigel
                  Interesting. I was told via pm it was an 80s-90s frame. I wasn't sure what that meant. Thank you, Nigel.

Comment

Hi Samir,

It's a first for me, you've got a core from the 50's and a frame from the 80's. Like Nigel said it's plausible, but it's not textbook early like you wanted......

Case and ribbon don't look good either and the fact that Elite Militaria sold a first pattern to you for only $400 makes me think he knew exactly what he had!

Get that refund my friend!

Regards,
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by SSamir View Post
                      If it's not too much trouble, can anyone post pics of a textbook first pattern type for comparison, please? I would like to see the difference. Thanks much.

Regards
                      Samir
                      Hi Samir,

This is what an early 1st core pattern "B" frame by St&L looks like ....

Mathijs
                      Attached Files

Comment

Similar one, but with different loop eye arrangements ( drilled out )
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathh,

Thank you for your kind help. Its a beautiful cross. Is this one yours?

Samir

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangstje View Post
                            Hi Samir,

It's a first for me, you've got a core from the 50's and a frame from the 80's. Like Nigel said it's plausible, but it's not textbook early like you wanted......

Case and ribbon don't look good either and the fact that Elite Militaria sold a first pattern to you for only $400 makes me think he knew exactly what he had!

Get that refund my friend!

Regards,
                            Nick
                            Hi Nick,

I contacted him and I hope he will do the right thing and refund my money. I will keep all of you posted.
                            Thank you all for your kind help. Had it not been for you gents, I would have not known what I had.

Regards
                            Samir

Comment

Hi Samir!
                              Wether this RK is good or bad, it is certainly not the very early example you are looking for!
                              I do hope you can get a refund!!!
                              -Nigel

Comment

UPDATE: Seller responded with a full refund.
                                If he has something I like in the future, he will get my business.
                                Hopefully the next one is a circa 1957-65 model.
                                Again, thank you all for your kind help.

Regards
                                Samir

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X