No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent and very impressive Mathijs. A fine collection to be proud of.

Comment

Very impressive collection and well displayed. I really like the two step stands for displaying

Am i right that there is a TR Knights Cross in front of the other pieces??

I know the problem with less space for displaying and you managed it well

BTW...finally received my new PC so i can now act as usual

Comment

Good to have you back RĂ¼diger ... I'm now expecting a flood of updates and posting of new items from your side .

Well spotted the RK with swaz ... however, not an original, but rather a postwar Souval marked L/58.
        ( For me and my budget, this one does the trick ).

I read somewhere that veterans who had their awards "taken away as war booty " purchased these as replacement ???

Grtz
        Mathijs
        Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE]Good to have you back RĂ¼diger ... I'm now expecting a flood of updates and posting of new items from your side/QUOTE]

Thanks Mathijs But i am sorry....no updates at the moment as there are no good pieces on the market...seems there´s a break in collecting

[QUOTE]I read somewhere that veterans who had their awards "taken away as war booty " purchased these as replacement ???/QUOTE]

From what i know you are right with that. The L/58 marked Souval crosses have a very good quality from the postwar pieces but i think they are not so common. Souval had the knowledge how to make a very nice KC

Comment

Welcome back RĂ¼diger!!!You have been missed buddy!!!

Comment

Indeed it is good to have you back Rudiger!!
              That Souval RK is a great looking cross Mathijs, and i too have read that vets bought them to replace their own missing wartime RK's, i guess this would have been before the 57ers were available??
              Old Souval had an eye for a profit, producing anything that would sell, including of course the blank core EK's! I always thought it was surprising that Souval did'nt produce a blank core RK, for Austrian vets to wear openly, before the 57ers arrived on the scene!!....Or maybe he did.......hidesbehindsofa.gif
              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Is that Souval RK frame especially and only a Souval frame?
                If yes....wow, he made a frame after the war only to sell copies....don´t misunderstand me...what a bunch of work it is to make a RK frame and he did it and produced these RK´s He really thought economic

On that RK frame i miss the typical Souval outer corners , why
                I always thought that these corners were a typical Souval design....

If i try to get deeper into these RK´s then there are some questions who want to be answered

Comment

Hi Rudiger!! The distinctive corners are to be found on Souval EK's, wartime, postwar copies and postwar blank core. If Souval had made wartime RK's, it would have been interesting to see if he used the same design on those too!!
                  I'm not sure if Souval made the frames we see on Mathijs' RK, i've never compared them to other makers, its possible he got some stocks from another maker??
                  As far as i know, Souval did make their own cores, i think they usually have a distinctive "low" swastika, and the dipping "3" so if they went to the trouble of making new cores, then they could have made their own frames too??
                  -Nigel

Comment

Question still remains ... why not produce a 1957 issue RK ... is it because they were not authorized to issue them during the war or some other reason ????

Comment

Also have this one on the way .... I still had one 1st pattern who needed adequate housing
                      Attached Files

Comment

And working very hard to score this one as well ....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice cases Mathijs!! I think it makes a huge difference to top end awards like DK's & RK's to have them cased!!!
                          Early cases can be hard to find, and often expensive too, especially on dealers sites!
                          -Nigel

Comment

Yo, really nice cases

I wonder where you dig out all these cases

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                              Yo, really nice cases

I wonder where you dig out all these cases
                              In both cases () ... sheer luck this time ... right time, right place and right price as well !

Comment

Finally some time to post better pictures of my two new cases .... .

First up the RK case ... no surprises here . Yet another very early 57er RK case ... really like this style & type of case ...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X