No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here is the S&L made piece I was talking about ...

I found this one with an UK dealer who sells overpriced modern made 57ers.
    Strangely enough he undervalued the one and only early made item I could find on his site .

Who am I to argue or resist in buying that one piece ....
    Attached Files

Comment

Two more shots .... it has the lovely early "o" mark and a strange "groove" on the rifle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice early IAB Mathijs, sounds like a bit of a bargain too??
        Makes a nice change to get a bargain from a dealer
        You did well to snap it up!!!
        Congrats on adding this one to your collection!!party0049.gif
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Happy happy joy joy !!!

OM(F)G

Look what I just landed ....

This has been on my wanted list for a very very long time ... what a way to almost start the weekend .

Grtz
          A very happy Mathijs !!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmmm...... very nice Mathijs!!
            800, "o" marking, look to be a nice early set of S & L Oaks & Swords!!!!
            I look forward to seeing more pics when you get your hands on these!! I bet you can't wait for them to arrive......smiley-chores025.gif
            Will you add them to one of your RK's????? Or just display them as they are?????
            I think congratulations are in order........again!!!
            Top find buddy!!!!!!!
            -Nigel

Comment

Excellent ISA Mathijs and what can be said about the EL w/Swords? SUPERB piece buddy! It's got all the tell tale signs of an early piece! Just beautiful! Way to go!

Comment

Am somewhat behind in posting here .... .

Added this lovely cased rare Schickle RK with postwar added "800" mark !!!

RK is attributed to Major Erich Becker !!!!!!!

http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-4...cker-Erich.htm

Enjoy !
                Mathijs
                Attached Files

Comment

Nicely cased in early 57er RK etui ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

And this "B" frame also came into my collection ... attributed to a KM officer whose name I shall not yet reveal .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Concluding with some detailed shots of the above one ....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Two beautiful RK's Mathijs!!!
                        The Schickle & case make for a great set, and the S & L looks good too, i like them when the ribbons have been converted by the vet for easy wearing!!
                        And that one is attributed as well???? Even more special, i look forward to you telling us more!!!!!!
                        Top Stuff -Nigel

Comment

Adding what is a new set-up ... I got some acrylic steps to display my badges, leaving ( not enough ) space in front to display the RK's ...

Still trying to find room for the DK's and the RK's stacked on the right there ...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mathijs, great group pic of your collection, i was wondering how it looked these days.......very impressive!!!!!
                            It looks like you filled up all your available space, it may be time for a new display cabinet?? or a bigger house!!!!!
                            Seriously, one hell of a collection, great to see, keep 'em coming!!!!!!!
                            -Nigelbeerchug.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                              RK is attributed to Major Erich Becker !!!!!!!
                              Hello Mathjis

First off, a really excellent Schickle 57 RK Most of these that I've encountered are marked '835', so nice see a different one. Does this have the standard Schickle flaw?

Second, (and I really don't want to appear to be raining on your parade, that's not my intention), but Major Erich Becker, assuming this is the same person (Ritterkreuzträger Erich Becker, Major u.Kdr.GrenRgt 425) is also being attributed to another RK that is for sale on a dealers site. Of course, it's always possible that he had more than one 57 RK and, or the dealer is using the name to try and increase the items value. How strong/verifiable is your provenance?

Regards
                              David

Comment

Wonderful additions Mathijs my friend! That frosting looks good enough to eat!
                                Seriously though, a premier 57er collection you have! Can't wait to see all pieces laid out for all to see! Thanks for sharing you stuff! I know of a DKiS that needs a prominant place for viewing!
                                Last edited by mbizy; 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X