My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mathijs!!
    Not much else we can say about this one, that has'nt already been said elsewhere...simply a GREAT piece!!!!
    I wondered if you would be buying it!!!
    Glad to see its gone to a good home!!!
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Nigelhappy0065.gif
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

And following below link, have finally received the remaining items ( but one ) from this group ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&postcount=583

Will post further info in due time on this named grouping ... in the meantime, I'll let you enjoy the picture .

Grtz
      Mathijs
      Attached Files

Comment

wow, what a beutiful pieces! All mint as I see
        Great grouping!

Comment

My god, Mathijs

Your mailman had much to do the last days and the packets were getting bigger and bigger

All great pieces, the RK from Karsten is really wonderful and for a very good price but the top is the rest of the grouping......simply stunning

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
              Hi Mike,

Indeed it is .... I have seen it before on the RK version, but not on the 1st call version ...

I wonder if, in the early days, S&L only made one die and removed the swords.
              You know if the later pieces have similar tool marks ???

Grtz
              Mathijs
              Not sure about later pieces Mathijs, but I just had a look at my early KvKII without swords and it did not have swords that were cut away. Interesting. We need more contributions from other KvK owners to get to the bottom of this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                And following below link, have finally received the remaining items ( but one ) from this group ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&postcount=583

Will post further info in due time on this named grouping ... in the meantime, I'll let you enjoy the picture .

Grtz
                Mathijs
                All fantastic looking pieces Mathijs! Love the RK from Karsten too! That's one gorgeous RK with Oaks and Swords!

Please share more about this grouping though!

Comment

Hi guys,

Long time since I posted something .... but I just got two more smashing pieces in the mail today .

First up this lovely 2nd pattern S&L ... great contrast, the burnished frame against the pitch black core ... I like it.
                  Although I mainly collect 1st pattern pieces, I can hardly resist a good 2nd pattern.

Hope you like it .

Grtz
                  Mathijs
                  Attached Files

Comment

And then ... " The pièce de résistance " ... Otto Schickle RK .

Seems everyone missed it on eBay, as there was hardly any bidding on it and the price was .... well, in my eyes at least and for a Schickle piece ... "cheap as chips" ( also thanks to USD/EUR rate ).

Will try to post more pix asap, as I have a dead battery on my camera ...

Grtz
                    Mathijs
                    Attached Files

Comment

Two wonderful RK's Mathijs, i know you prefer 1st pattern, but who could resist this nice 2nd pattern
                      The Schickle is another beauty, as you said, the price was really good for a Schickle which usually command higher prices, especially if on a dealers site, a dealer would have'nt wanted double what you paid for this!!
                      I dont think the sellers pics did it justice to be honest, that might have put some people off?
                      Looking at this pic Mathijs, the core looks to be a standard S&L 1st pattern?
                      Is that how it looks to you?????
                      Anyway, great piece, in fact they both are!!!!!!!
                      Congrats!!!
                      -Nigeldrinks.gif
                      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

That is one of the best 2nd pattern S&L´s that i ever saw
                        What a great early piece

Nothing more to say to the Schickle except great cross in a wonderful, slightly worn condition. Great core with sharp details and thin paint....wonderful

Comment

Thanks for the comments, will try to add more pix of the Schickle piece, but busy weekend ahead .

@ Nigel ... the pix certainly did not do the piece any justice, showing poor paint and rust - as shown below in sellers pix.
                          All it needed was some gentle brushing to remove the dust and expose the paint job.

Yet another favourite in my collection .

Grtz
                          Mathijs
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Matthieu; 09-02-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Congratulations! very nice photographs by the way. One day I may own such a nice cross.

Cheers

Comment

Hi guys,

Back from a well needed holiday in the South ... and could unwrap this one !

As a result of my passion for the S&L RK .... finally was able to add an early postwar RK with swastika, made by St.&L.

Interestingly, it shows some flaws of the 1957 "B" framed RK, however not so developed yet. But it shows how S&L continued working with this frame to produce their 57er RK.

Grtz
                              Mathijs
                              Attached Files

Comment

IMO the nicest copy on the market.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X