My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
    That DK is a very nice one. I'm going to say, based on what I see in the photos, that it's one of the earlier made pieces, with a solid hinge block on the reverse, and the Iron Cross motif being rivited rather than glued to the silver center circle. Am I right?
    Thanks for your kind words David ... indeed, the EK is rivited ( 2 rivits, as far I can see - but impossible to take pix from ).
    Also, here is a pic from the back ( nice & crisp )
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike, I guess its a matching case, the imprint from the cross can be seen on the lid ... and specially for you, some pix of the harware .
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Today .... I got tempted in buying yet another 2nd pattern RK, but I sadly had to turn it down . Really, this is becoming an expensive hobby.
          So, I decided to save my money, in case something else irresistable pops up .

This is the one who was tempting me soooo much : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=344872
          Last edited by Matthieu; 03-17-2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

The more I see, the more I like it! Now that's a keeper my friend!

Comment

And FedEx delivered this one just this morning ... . Anyone has an idea on possible maker ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And it came in this little box .. has no push button, no hinges. Its held together by a piece of cloth inside.
                    I assume this to be late-war leftover stock ???
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Thats a very nice new form KVK, and an early one as well The case certainly looks like one of the late war halbetui style cases. If possible, very carefully and gently prise the inner base (the bit the KVK sits on) out and see if there are any marks pressed into the cardboard base.

Regards
                      David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                        Hello

Thats a very nice new form KVK, and an early one as well The case certainly looks like one of the late war halbetui style cases. If possible, very carefully and gently prise the inner base (the bit the KVK sits on) out and see if there are any marks pressed into the cardboard base.

Regards
                        David
                        Hi David, I was pretty pleased to snap up this little gem. Cant remove the inner base, looks like its been glued against the sides.

Comment

Another GEM Mathjis! Man, that's a beauty! nicely burnished, splendid quality!

Thomas Huss is our HERO!

Comment

Just wondering, guys ... do any of you have a cased KvK w/o swords in the 57-style ? If so, pls do post some pix !!!

Comment

Nice KVK with case! I have a similar EKI case that was also a leftover stock box that was made the same way. Can't help with the KVK without swords.

Comment

Bad news guys ... I got made redundant on Thursday, so all my efforts will now go in finding new employment ...
                                Wont be buying and posting for a while ( except the items already under way ), but just to give a rough idea of my current display unit ....

Before downsizing, its was more then 3x times what you are seeing now .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X