No announcement yet.

Skulls and Freikorps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These skull photos are a never ending story.

Postcard Berlin 1919!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
      These skull photos are a never ending story.

Postcard Berlin 1919!
      I think Freikorps von Aulock. If so, the guy in the middle is wearing the sleeve insignia correctly. While the guy on the left has it upside down.

Comment

I'll throw this one in the mix-not sure if it fits.. Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

close up
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dunn View Post
            Mike this is pretty cool.. any story behind it? i love this skull pins

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dunn View Post
              Skull pins....made since Imperial times, TR and later after the war. Sometimes it is not easy to identify, who had used it.

A few days ago I have seen a similar skull stickpin and it was described as a postwar pin from the HIAG.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sergeant 08; 05-10-2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Freikorps Erlangen

I thought I would post these for posterity before I sadly put them on eStand.

There's been some discussion over the years as to whether Freikorps Erlangen (aka: Freiwilligen-Jägerkorps Erlangen, Freikorps Engelhardt) wore the Brunswick skull directly on the collar or on black collar tabs. There are in fact photos of them being worn both ways. But, the photos are not usually identified. In his book, Hartung shows the badge being worn on a black tab, which I suspect is the same one for sale on Andre Hüsken's website. In any event, it has remained a point of debate.

However, here is at least some proof that they did wear black collar tabs, as the tabs are stamped on the back: "Freiw.=Jägerkorps Erlangen".
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't want to comment all parts of these tabs, but the skulls are well known fakes.

Sorry.

Comment

There was an expensive photo in an auction today.

655 Euro!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Really ridiculous.

It's not even that good a photo.

Comment

More for this thread.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kampfwagenzug Stettin
                          Attached Files

Comment

There's one currently on eBay for a "Buy it Now" price of 499 Euros. I wonder if it will get that high in bids.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                              There's one currently on eBay for a "Buy it Now" price of 499 Euros. I wonder if it will get that high in bids.
                              The buy it now auction was deleted. The auction started.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
                                The buy it now auction was deleted. The auction started.....
                                I know. I bid on it. But, I'm sure I won't get it. I don't value these commercial photo cards, even if of rare subject matter like this one, as much as some collectors.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X