Skulls and Freikorps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
    I know. I bid on it. But, I'm sure I won't get it. I don't value these commercial photo cards, even if of rare subject matter like this one, as much as some collectors.
    Sold for 335 Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
      Sold for 335 Euro.
      That's just plain stupid. Some people have more money than sense.

Comment

I got an interesting skull today. An older skull pattern, that I have already seen on Imperial, Freikorps and early SS caps/collar tabs.

PS: Notice the nice polished egdes of the bones and the rarer double prongs back!
        Attached Files

Comment

This skull pattern in wear during the Weimar period.

PS: Photo is from the id card of a Stahlhelm member (posted in WAF by member Dmv in past).
          Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if this is the right thread for it & not my collecting area but this lot of 3 Diaries, 750 pages with 75 photos, seems very interesting. Contains many fantastic photos :

http://historical-media.com/__eickhoff.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Helden View Post
              Not sure if this is the right thread for it & not my collecting area but this lot of 3 Diaries, 750 pages with 75 photos, seems very interesting. Contains many fantastic photos :

http://historical-media.com/__eickhoff.htm
              Very interesting. But, grossly over-priced IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                Very interesting. But, grossly over-priced IMO.
                A fascinating piece of history, most interesting is the hussar outfit with Wehrwolf sleeve band. Never seen that before.

Based on the pricing it doesn't appear he really wants to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
                  ....Based on the pricing it doesn't appear he really wants to sell.
                  It is a very interesting source, but the price is a "heavyweight".

Comment

It shows that has been sold. Really outstanding grouping.
                    Vellocino

Comment

Originally posted by vellocino View Post
                      It shows that has been sold. Really outstanding grouping.
                      Vellocino
                      I'm happy that I saved the pictures, before they delete the offer.

Comment

not sure IF this pertains or not

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post

Another skull with double prongs back. Very nice!

Comment

I purchased an observers badge a vets daughter had, said her dad brought home..(chicago land). including a bunch of his patches and other items a few years back, it was posted here right after the score in a thread ...this skull and a case for another hard to find medal was sent along to me with no charge...but this was all she had left...it also has silvering on the high points still remaining..and her kindness really blew my mind...it still happens like that occasionally when they are not dealers nor collectors..(another reason to hunt the woodwork more now than ever..) as many will never tell you things like this are sometimes perks thrown in on a deal....but it's true. I kinda thought it looked like it may be the same one as frame #123 sergeant 08 posted on page 9 just preceding my post in this thread....where one man was wearing what looked like a brown hat with skull above the rosette , with this type of jaw less skull..I suspect this type may have been worn in many different applications until skulls were standardized.. to the jaw types that many different manufacturers made just a little different as their own take on the lower jaw type skull that followed the jaw less skulls . By the way sergeant 08...yours by condition is difficult to upgrade....congratulations was there any story from the seller about the one you just scored ? Have you also ever seen this type you just scored in any photos you can recall...as I have no doubts it is original...just can't recall seeing one in a photo...or was one posted and I missed it...? Very cool regardless...
                            Last edited by juoneen; 02-26-2014, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                              .....By the way sergeant 08...yours by condition is difficult to upgrade....congratulations was there any story from the seller about the one you just scored ? Have you also ever seen this type you just scored in any photos you can recall...as I have no doubts it is original...just can't recall seeing one in a photo...or was one posted and I missed it...? Very cool regardless...
                              Sorry, I have no story about that skull. A collector asked in a forum, what kind of skull it is and I told it to him. Later he decided to sell it and I was happy to get the chance to buy it.

The skull on the right collar tab in my posting #154 looks like this skull pattern.

And I found a SS photo with a simlar (or the same?) skull pattern. The eyes look very similar in every case.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Sergeant 08; 02-26-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

By golly I believe you are right... just goes to prove some of the best stuff I ever got was the cheapest when hunting first hand.(of course those who think others will not find out by not telling how they find things and leave it a mystery, must realize this ain't like breeding pandas)anyway...congrats Sergeant 08, and an interesting thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X