No announcement yet.

Verbandsabzeichen-Arm Shields of the Bundeswehr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was the Quatermaster Sgt (Versorgungsdienstfeldwebel) in the early 90´s we had a Kompanieabzeichen already on our green uniforms.
    It was a very difficult way to get the permission to wear it. The badges had to be sent to the Heeresamt, to the Regiment, Division staff etc.

From creating it to get the permission it needed about 6 months.

But then we got it.

Comment

Mnd

Not the actual patch, but only a sticker (the patches were taken away from us) of the "MND" - "The Multinational Division (Central)" my LL Brig. 31 belonged to.

The official description of the design says: "The four contributing national flags demonstrate the collective will of the countries from within the central region to act as on behalf of NATO and, at the same time identify the MND as being truly multinational. The representation of an attack helicopter shows the ability to respond with airmobility, speed and power against any aggressor. "Four Nations - One Purpose".
      Attached Files

Comment

Team - Long time WAF member Marc Sheriff of London was kind enough to send along these seldom seen examples of recent Bundeswehr Verbandsabzeichen.

I am very greatful to Marc for sharing these images and hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Please let me know if you need a close-up.

All the best - TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

Glück Ab!

Shoulder sleeve patches from airborne brigades.
          Attached Files

Comment

O.K. tread heads, I mean elite panzer arm aficianados, this next one is for you...
            Attached Files

Comment

Don't worry medicos, you weren't forgotten either.

Again, my thanks to Marc for providing these great pictures.

All the best - TJ
              Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

An interesting addition to the thread for those who do not have Kunswadl's book. Slide three is new to me and very interesting. Can Mark add pictures of the DSO and the KSK patches to finish off the airborne arm shields?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Team - "Ask and ye shall receive"....

Marc promptly forwarded me these images to include the Verbandsabzeichen requested by Gordon.

Thank you again Mr. Sheriff.

All the best - TJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Team - I hope my careless placement of the First Military District shoulder sleeve insignia in amongst the medical command patches did not lead anyone to believe it is an easily obtained patch; it isn't!

All the best - TJ
                    Attached Files

Comment

Regarding MIL DIST I, please note the glaring omission in Herr Cullinane's display case....

My thanks to Jens ("Asbjoern") for hooking me up with the I Corps patch.

All the best - TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

Team - Is there a cooler patch than that of the 1st Airmobile Brigade?

Its elegant lines are evocative of the finest of ancient Chinese calligraphy.

This is my hands down favorite; what does everyone else like?

All the best - TJ
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Steve, its a graphically well made emblem ... but I prefer the classic ones influenced by medieval heraldry. Like the one from the disbanded 5th armored division ...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

TJ and Jens,

You guys have picked two of my favouite designs I also like the DSL design.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I also like that one quite a bit. Very different than all others. Another favorite is the badge for PzGren Rgt 40.

And if TJ can be Steve for the day, I guess I can be TJ

Steve

Comment

Steve - I want to be you again so I can move your "never before seen in private hands" collection of early BW para smocks to my house!

All the best - TJ "wanna be Steve" Cullinane; aka "CollectinTJ"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X