Verbandsabzeichen-Arm Shields of the Bundeswehr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ,

I think that alll of these beret badges are fakes. The shape doesn't look right and the embroidery looks bad, The one with the iron cross resembles the Command Badge for the II. (GE/US) Korps but is not the same and is poorly done. The one next to it has elements used in some Divisional patches but I am unaware of the existance of one like it. It also appears to be poorly done.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Looks like they have cross-bred the horse and the lion in the last badge

Comment

Great pics and infos,

here some specials from me. All patches a originals and have been worn by soldiers in germany or in KFOR/ TFF Missions:

Comment

First row:

worn by myself

PzGrenBtl 152 Schwarzenborn - for combatuniform

KFOR patch

4. Kompanie Sanitätseinsatzverband KFOR - worn in macedonia nov. 01/ may 02

second row:

Taskforce ZUR - PzGrenBtl 152 in Kosovo 2001 (see the oakleaf is the same like the one in the first row)

TFF Taskforce Fox - the combatunit in macedonia

Gemischte Heeresfliegerabteilung KFOR - KFOR helicopter team for medivac

Heeresflieger Fassberg - special patch of our helicopter crew

third row:

Firefighters - our camp firefighter

Fieldpost - a verry special from our fieldpostman

EOD/ IEDD - our EOD teams

Einsatzkompanie TFF - our combatunit (tankplatton)

fourth row:

french/ german brigade

Sanitätsregiment 8 - my first unit in BW

Comment

Alesandro,

Interesting badges you have posted. Some of them are difficult to read and it would be appreciated if you would identify the unit that wore each badge.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Alesandro,

Thanks for the ID on the badges. You must have been posting the info at the same time I was asking for it.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

All units are called "our" have been in camp erebino nov 2001 - may 2002

Comment

Team - Over the Christmas holidays, I ordered a carton of "J-mount" display cases to get my BW patch collection out of baggies and tupperware and under glass.

This case contains c.1985 pre-unification divisional and home defense brigade patches representing the BW at the height of its powers.

My next project will be to print off some labels.

All the best - TJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

This case contains MOD, military district commands and corps patches.

Would anyone happen to have a 'Military District Command I' patch that they'd be willing to part with?

Thanks - TJ
                    Attached Files

Comment

These are mainly post-unification patches developed for units based in the former DDR.

I'm looking for a Panzergrenadier Brigade 41 patch to complete this set. Another forum member was kind enough to arrange a trade which resulted in my aquistion of a Panzergrenadier Brigade 42 patch.

Thanks - TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone provide information on these patches?

I presume the fire service patch on the right was worn on coveralls or turn-out gear, but what about the one on the left?

Thanks - TJ
                        Attached Files

Comment

TJ - I looked at my accumulation of pre-unification Arbandsabzeichen and have all of the Military District Command's except I, so it might be a bit harder to come by. I do have one that has S H which I didn't see in your frame. I'm not sure what it stands for. You can see it and all my others in Post #66 of this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...9&postcount=66

Comment

Kevin - I was afraid of hearing news like that.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say 'S H' stood for Schleswig-Holstein. Alas, another patch I'm on the hunt for....

Thanks - TJ

Comment

Really nice displays TJ!
                              Best of luck in tracking down the few you need. I'll keep my eyes peeled too.

Comment

TJ,

The S H armbadge is for the Schleswig-Holstein Territorial Command. If you want one of each amrmbadge you only have a couple of hundred more to go! Enjoy the hunt.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X