No announcement yet.

West German Polizei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Hamburg police cap but this time for an enlisted man and not Wasserschutzpolizei. The colour much darker than shown in the pgoto. Both these caps would appear to be early issue pieces.
    Attached Files

Comment

A side view.
      Attached Files

Comment

Interior view showing the maker.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
          This next cap is an early police green cap. Someone has "upgraded" this cap by adding a repro TR Police eagle to the front. I have left it that way for the time being until I can be sure about the correct west german police cap badge to put on it.

A front view of the cap.
          Bringing up an old post, but I was looking at some info about it since it interested me that it marked PPr. Berlin. It is very early West Berlin officer's Dienstmütze, think they changed to blue in mid-1950s but need more informations to confirm this. My guess woul be that you would be safe putting Berlin Polizeistern on this, not sure if it would use embroidered or metal though. Very early caps (ca. 1945-6) would have swastika unraveled and pulled from wreath but this cap probably not that early.

It appears that your Hamburg Wasserschutzpolizei Schirmmütze is probably 1950s-60s manufacture and Hamburg Polizei (it is officer, not EM) from 1960s.

regards
          Klaus
          Last edited by Klaus1989; 09-29-2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Klaus,

Thanks for the comments. Good to review these threads. I had forgotten about some of the great info posted here. My mistake on the officers cap. Thanks for picking it up. I must have been thinking of a different cap when I posted the picture. It is obviously an officers cap.

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

I posted the auction pictures of the following Schutzpoliei Berlin uniform earlier and now I can show some close-ups since it has finally arrived. This is probably the cap I was thinking of when I called the Hamburg police officers hat an enlisted mans. It is the peaked cap for a Schutzpolizei enlisted man. It came with a uniform cated 1975 but I believe that the cap was made in an earlier period.

Regards,

Gordon
              Attached Files

Comment

Side view.
                Attached Files

Comment

Interior view showing the makers logo.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now on to the tunic. It is an enlisted mans tunic and made very much in the style of a WWII, four pocket, combat tunic. It has interior supports for the belt ramps and slits cut in he sides of the tunic for the belt ramps to fit through. It has a bandage pocket on the interior lower right side. It differs in that it has a horizontal slot by the right lower pocket for the hanger of a pistol holster to fit through. I have seen pictures of West German police wearing their pistol holsters this way but don't have one at the moments to post.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Rear view. The tunic has a single seam down the centre of the back.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Berlin Schutzpolizei sleeve patch machine sewn to the left sleeve.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Interior view of right side. Clearly shown are the bandage pocket, belt ramp supports and the slot for the pistol holster hanger.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The makers lable sewn to the interior of the left side of the tunic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A picture of the belt ramp slit where it would pass through the tunic.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Back of the collar showing how the tabs were sewn on.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X