West German Polizei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew,

Thanks for the information on the hat and for the different methods of carrying the pistol. WSP stuff is interesting but the tunics are virtuallythe same, at least the ones that I have seen, for each service. Only the hats seem to offer any variety when it comes to collecting. Now I need to find a belt or harness assembly, complete with holster, that will allow me to complete my tunic.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Justiz NRW items

Not directely police but from nrw prison personel are these two items: A canteen of the well known type which is used by different west german organizations during the 60ies and the well known AUER eye protection with its pocket. Both items stamped with "Justiz NRW":

Details of the canteen

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Just an FYI - I just did a major update on my website for my German collection. Anyone interested is invited to take a look:

http://www.huntzmanpatches.com/germany(C).htm

I also recommend checking out the "wanted" page as it provides an extensive overview of some fairly rare insignia.

http://www.huntzmanpatches.com/german_wanted(W).htm

One proviso: As is a problem in the ever "expanding" insignia arena, some items depicted might be "fantasy" items. It is very difficult to get every piece confirmed and on rare occasions I have had items labeled as fakes turn out to be authentic. So I list all items as a general reference.

The Civilian Police Insignia playground comes equipped with as many minefields as WWII pieces. It seems that, to some, honesty & integrity do have a price tag.

Happy Collecting,
        Andrew

Comment

German Police

Have you noticd that german police look like chives. Yellow bottoms green middles and white tops (well like traffic police anyway).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Brown View Post
              Have you noticd that german police look like chives. Yellow bottoms green middles and white tops (well like traffic police anyway).
              As a matter of fact, in German (or at least Bavarian) slang "Schnittlauch" (= chives) and the variant "Schnittlauch-Kommando" (= chives detachment) are indeed derogatory slang terms for police officers.
              The reason for these expresssions being that policemen, like chives, are said to be "grün, hohl und treten in Bündeln auf" (= green, 'hollow' [= a slang term for mindless] and come in bundles.)

PS: No insult whatsoever to any policeman is intended. I am only quoting underground slang here!

Comment

My ex polizei great uncle was talking about that

Comment

Today I was taking pics of my Baden-Wuerttemberg police tunic to go up for sale, I noticed a small pocket in the bottom front of the tunic. I have never seen it before, I reached in and found a small what I think is a medic gauze. I have had the tunic for almost 10 years and never knew. Its early I think 70's, go for sale if anybody would like pics

Comment

West German Police Visor Cap:
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Michael D. Gallagher; 10-11-2009, 05:41 PM.
                    Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

Angled view:
                      Attached Files
                      Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

Inside view:
                        Attached Files
                        Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

West Berlin Police Tschako:

The East German Police terminated wear of the Tschako in the early 60s. They continued in use with the West German Police until the early 70s.
                          Attached Files
                          Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

Enlisted version:
                            Attached Files
                            Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

Officer version:
                              Attached Files
                              Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

Another view:
                                Attached Files
                                Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X