No announcement yet.

West German Polizei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic early Polizei pictures! The variety of uniforms clearly shows how different things were in the 1950s compared to later years. So much so that I don't think it's possible to draw conclusions about where these guys are from except by their hat badges. Which, unfortunately, it seems lighting and poor photo quality isn't allowing us to see

Steve

Comment

Steve,I tried under all kinds of magnifiers and even a high grade microscope to see what kind of badges are worn on those visors.
      No succes.
      So maybe these two pictures from the backsides of those two posted in post 248 can help.
      I first thought those cities on it were located across the whole country, because I only know Hannover and thought Braunsweig was near Munchen.
      After some WIKI searches it appeared all but one (Helmstadt) of these cities are in Niedersachsen.
      The top picture here,is also the top picture in post 248.

Kees
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
        Great pictures !

Most possible the roadsign says "Einbahnstrasse" (onewaystreet) ...

Jens
        It does say einbahnstrasse .
        Last edited by chiffonnier; 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Niedersachsen makes sense to me. It's the closest fit in terms of uniform styles from the 1960s. Rank on shoulders, dark blue (or perhaps even black) uniforms, traditional uniform style (Viertaschen), etc. So let's save your eyes more trouble and go with that

Steve

Comment

Kees, all cities mentioned are within the state of "Niedersachsen", most in the neighbourhodd of the capital city Hannover. Helmstedt is a small town near Braunschweig, well known in cold war times for beeing the most famouse border controll point for transit journeys to Berlin. Leer and Oldenburg are the exceptions as they are far more in the west,: Leer is near the border to the Netherlands ...

Jens

Comment

Thanks Jens for clearing that up,I now see it reads Helmstedt instead of Helmstadt.
              Niedersachsen polizei it is then.
              On WIKI it says the birth of the Niedersachsen polizei is april 1st 1951.
              One of my pictures is dated 1951,so pretty cool I think.
              All the best,
              kees

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschic..._Niedersachsen

Comment

Originally posted by chiffonnier View Post
                After a wobbly ride it's time for a break.
                Note the Marlon Brando lookalike.
                That must be one of the strangest photos posted in this thread!

Comment

G'day All,
                  I have this police cap I'm not sure about? (I can't post attachments here as yet)
                  Have post it here on WRF
                  http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bundes...prison-411291/

Thanks in advance

René

Comment

Yes, the gold buttons and insignia traces of small shield and kokarde indicate likely Justiz and not regular Polizei. Which is hard question, as not so much info about these. Some states had badge on top and others on bottom. I would guess Rheinland-Pfalz likely based on style, but no photos of this. Will let Polizei experts give their opinion.

Regards
                    Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                      Yes, the gold buttons and insignia traces of small shield and kokarde indicate likely Justiz and not regular Polizei. Which is hard question, as not so much info about these. Some states had badge on top and others on bottom. I would guess Rheinland-Pfalz likely based on style, but no photos of this. Will let Polizei experts give their opinion.

Regards
                      Klaus
                      Cheers Klaus, You've at least given it a start Thank you kindly

Comment

reneblacky,

Always hard to figure out just what these caps once were after the insignia has been removed. I am going to post some of your pictures from the other thread. It will make it easier for forum members to comment.

Regards,

Gordon
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                            reneblacky,

Always hard to figure out just what these caps once were after the insignia has been removed. I am going to post some of your pictures from the other thread. It will make it easier for forum members to comment.

Regards,

Gordon
                            Cheers Gordon much appreciated

Comment

reneblacky,

Is the cap body grey or green? If it is green I have a very similar cap from the NRW Justiz.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                                reneblacky,

Is the cap body grey or green? If it is green I have a very similar cap from the NRW Justiz.

Regards,

Gordon
                                G'day again Gordon

The overall colour is green as in like my WW2 civil police uniforms, and thanks for your help on this

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X