BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klaus,

Great pictures. Lots of very rare BGS stuff in them. One of the few BGS pictures I have seen with them carrying the U.S. M1 carbine.
    The helmet covers look really roughly made. Field done by some one in the unit?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
      As for the D rings on the [BGS sumpftarn] camo coat, no one seems to know what they were for.
      i wondered about this also... for attaching breadbag maybe???

Comment

Found the greatest BGS reference site on the internet: "Beim alten BGS". Veteran's and informational site that has huge collection of photos from "Old BGS" (1950s-60s) that includes almost everything discussed in this thread in use. I am adding it to my favorites
        http://www.beim-alten-bgs.de/Beim_al...alten_bgs.html

These interesting uniforms kept appearing in 1960s photos. They are same cut as Tarnuniform but graugrün in colour. Regular wool cap is with them worn. No clue about them:
        http://www.beim-alten-bgs.de/Beim_al..._-_uebung.html

regards
        Klaus

Comment

Genosse,
          I believe the Green Combats were for use in Built up Areas, less War Like....

......If a Reactionary State Organ of the Bonn Gangster Republic could be so said to be ...

I Joke of course...

Comment

Klaus,

Great photo site. Now who is going to be the first person to find one of those field uniforms?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

did the BGS felfdlasche set include a cup fitted under the flask?

Comment

Originally posted by yossarianlives View Post
                did the BGS felfdlasche set include a cup fitted under the flask?
                Do you mean cup under cover? Then it depends on what timeframe you look at. BGS used 4 styles of Feldflasche. They did use such model during 1960s-70s. It has dark green cover which unsnaps at bottom to access cup. Here is photo of mine but no photo of cup, maker is PSL and dated 1969:

Here is overview of style of Feldflaschen used by BGS for benefit of fellow collectors here. Gathered this information from photos and dates on examples for sale:
                • 1. Model (1951-early 60s): M31 Feldflasche (WH style) with green cup, brown felt cover, may or may not have markings and/or Pyrm snaps.
                • 2. Model (1954?-early 60s): "Kokonuß" Feldflasche with larger cup than Bw version, canvas straps. More common than M31 later on.
                • 3. Model (1962?-late 70s): Aluminium canteen with wide opening, screw on lid and large cup stored under cover. Most common model.
                • 4. Model (1970s?-90s?): Bw style Feldflasche that fits inside two cups painted dark green.

regards
                Klaus
                Last edited by Klaus1989; 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Private Museum in a Militaria Store in Germany

As a teaser, I am going to post a picture of the mannquins set up in this museumin in BGS uniforms. There are lots of things to look at so follow the URL below for some interesting stuff.

http://www.uniformenmuseum.de/engl_start.htm

Regards,

Gordon
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
                    As a teaser, I am going to post a picture of the mannquins set up in this museumin in BGS uniforms. There are lots of things to look at so follow the URL below for some interesting stuff.

http://www.uniformenmuseum.de/engl_start.htm

Regards,

Gordon
                    What is the tunic second from right? Is that one of the elusive blue GSE tunics?!

Interesting museum and good displays. Nice to finally see a BGS-See tunic too. Unfortunately I will not have time to stop in Butzbach and see it myself. However brown belt on BGS mannikin second from left is wrong (should be black).

regards
                    Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

Why not send them an email and suggest that they change the belt?

Cheers,

Gordon

Comment

Hello,

very intereting Thread!

Here i will show my Uniform of Generalmajor an Inspeteur of the BGS, Detlev von Platen

Comment

Over the past few years i a have bought up a bunch of BGS jacket, pants, patches, ETC, i have just recently bought a BGS camo smock that cam with pants. The smock has a metal zipper and has a pocket at the bottem of the zipper, i think the camo is the very early verison. I will have pics soon.

Comment

BGS Side Cap

Gentlemen,

I thought I had posted pictures of my other cap like this to this thread some time ago. I just went through the complete thread and didn't find it so I eiether missed it or posted it somewhere else.
                            Anyway. This is a BGS cap that you do not see very often. It is in the shape of the early Bundesmarine Bord Cap but in BGS green instead of the BM dark blue. It follows the design of the BM Bord Cap right down to the elastic chin strap hidden behind the turned up portion. This cap has a nice makers lable in it allowing us to establish that it was worn at least in 1971.
                            Since the design matches the BM Bord cap so closely I wonder if this cap was worn by the Marine Section of the BGS?
                            I have two of these caps now and neither one had a cockade attached when I received it.

Regards,

Gordon
                            Attached Files

Comment

The cap with the side flaps tuned down. This shows the snap fasteners which keep the flaps tight against the cap as well as the elastic chin strap.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The makers lable.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X