BGS BundesGrenzSchutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Steve and Klaus,
    Here are a few more photos of the Parka, I keep in a cardboard box.
    I can't begin to describe just how mint this is and it is a real time time capsule, nothing on it has been touched and all the pull cords etc is how it left the factory.
    I bought it a vintage clothes collector in Germany !
    Kind regards Chay
    Attached Files

Comment

First time this pocket was opened!
      Attached Files

Comment

Gentlemen
        I thought I would post a photo of the always missing flap eagle, I have two of this type!
        Kind regards Chay
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice ! Tom

Comment

That's a keeper for sure. The usual condition of these is not very good. Beat up, slashed on the back, arm pocket cut off, etc. is the norm. The price of these has shot up in recent years from about EUR 50 not too long ago to EUR 100+ now on eBay.

There's two types of arm badges. The first, and I believe the earlier type, is the type on camouflage background. The later type is the same badge but no backing. I've never been able to pin down the date, but 1971 seems about right to me.

Steve

Comment

Anyone here collect BGS tankhelmets? I know someone that has one, and pretty much nobody here collects BGS, even less do tank stuff, so I figured I'd see if it can go to someone that appreciates it

Comment

Gentlemen,

There has been a lot of discussion in this thread about the BGS arm badge applied to the summer uniform but no reference to what the summer uniform is. I have two "light weight" tunics that look like everyday work dress to me but are these what you are referring to when you talk about "summer uniforms"? First up is a man's tunic. It has bad both sleeve badges removed before released by the BGS.

Regards,

Gordon
                Attached Files

Comment

Men's #1. The front is closed by buttons only.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Men's #2,
                    Attached Files

Comment

Men's #3,
                      Attached Files

Comment

The second tunic is for a woman. The design is basically identical except the material is heavier weight and the front is closed by a zipped and a buttoned flap over the zipper.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Woman's #1,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gordon,

What you have there is a post 1975 "Moosgrün" Einsatzanzug which was produced into the 1980s IIRC. First example I've seen is dated 1975 and it replaced the Sumpftarn uniform. As with the previous Sumpftarn and blue-gray uniforms, the one you have was worn for things such as border patrolling, search and rescue, riot control, and other similar field duties.

The BUNDESGRENZSCHUTZ arc was added somewhere around 1970, so for sure these uniforms always had the arc on it standard.

There are two versions of this particular form of Einsatzanzug (or at least the jacket). The first is similar to the one you have, but no zipper for the front and no arm pocket. I seem to remember there is a third version, though I could be wrong about that.

Photos show that the BGS member wore combat boots, Einsatzanzug trousers, and standard beige shirt (the necktie is not worn). Over the shirt was worn either the jacket (like yours) or a British style knit sweater of the same color. For very cold conditions there is a parka nearly identical to the Sumpftarn parka it replaced (though obviously in the same Moosgrün color).

On the member's head was either a beret or riot helmet (Röhmer type). For sure the M43 and Schiffchen in Moosgrün were made in large numbers, but I think they were worn with the standard Dienstanzug. Though I'm just guessing here.

Steve

Comment

BTW, putting the eagle badge back on the arm pocket is a royal pain in the Hintern! You have to remove the stitching of the pocket along the top and side opposite the zipper. You can leave it attached at the bottom. After putting the badge on you then have to carefully stitch it back on. I've done it a couple of times and it was no less annoying the second or third time as it was the first

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I was sure that I had four of these tunics, all slightly different, but could't find the other two. That didn't surprise me as I am always finding new things, and loosing them again, when I "dive" into the rooms I keep my collection in. The sleeve pockets will stay as they are. Too much like work to me to find the patches and then sew them on.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X