BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some true gems in the Google/Life photo collection for the Bundeswehr lover:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...art=20&ndsp=20

For those who are interested in the earlier uniforms and equipment, you can add "1950s" to the search terms. I particularly liked these few:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life...f113af551267ef

http://images.google.com/hosted/life...d22a6091b5bbe6

http://images.google.com/hosted/life...c122e6447eb44f

http://images.google.com/hosted/life...83b17d03d720c3

Gene T

Comment

awesome!!!!!!

Comment

Gents - Just received this portrait of a Bundesluftwaffe private taken upon his graduation from basic training in 1956.

TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

Just picked up this Bundesluftwaffe Dienstmütze. 1959-dated example made by Alkero. Has twin vents on each side -- something I've not encountered before.

Photos are seller-provided. Will post my own when I receive the cap

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
            Gents - Just received this portrait of a Bundesluftwaffe private taken upon his graduation from basic training in 1956.

TJ
            TJ,
            Great photo!! Shows the Affenjacke and early, unpiped Schirmmütze to good effect.

Comment

Originally posted by SprogCollector View Post
              TJ,
              Great photo!! Shows the Affenjacke and early, unpiped Schirmmütze to good effect.
              SC - Thanks!

I love the color on that wooly Dienstmütze and look forward to seeing your pictures.

If I recall correctly, you've been looking for one of those for good long time.

Take care - TJ

Comment

HI TJ,
                Yes. Looking forward to receiving the cap. I've actually had a slightly newer (1960) example for about a year or so. It was missing the small wing below the cockade but I was able to locate a replacement. It's actually the silver-piped officer version that I've been looking for.

I'm not sure if the Alkero produced caps were simply made with blue instead of grey linings but the color difference and the vents make it different enough from my Heer and other LW cap to make it a worthwhile addition.

Comment

SC - it always warms my heart to hear of another collector filling a hole in his collection. Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Happy New Year and good hunting in 2009.

Sincerely - TJ

Comment

OMG I think of all the peak caps and tunics I destroyed for buttons or to make WW2 caps for re enacting in the early 1980s. Of course this was when a cap was around $3.00 and tunic was around $8.00...

I've still a small amount of stuff left that I take care of now and will post some pics when I can get them together.

God if I only knew Bundeswehr items would go up like they've have in the last 10 yrs.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian 5 View Post
                      SC - it always warms my heart to hear of another collector filling a hole in his collection. Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Happy New Year and good hunting in 2009.

Sincerely - TJ
                      A Happy New Year to you both and good collecting in 2009. I'm off to Salzburg and Vienna in a couple of hours. Perhaps on this trip I'll find something in Vienna that I can aford!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by MaxxBrunn1938 View Post
                        OMG I think of all the peak caps and tunics I destroyed for buttons or to make WW2 caps for re enacting in the early 1980s. Of course this was when a cap was around $3.00 and tunic was around $8.00...

I've still a small amount of stuff left that I take care of now and will post some pics when I can get them together.

God if I only knew Bundeswehr items would go up like they've have in the last 10 yrs.

Joe
                        Joe - BGS stuff is going up too. The good thing is that BW/BGS gear is still plentiful and one can put together a comprehensive collection without completely breaking the bank.

And no fakers.....yet!

Take care - TJ

Comment

Originally posted by gordon.criag View Post
                          A Happy New Year to you both and good collecting in 2009. I'm off to Salzburg and Vienna in a couple of hours. Perhaps on this trip I'll find something in Vienna that I can aford!

Regards,

Gordon
                          Gordon - You certainly do get around, I'm envious.

The kids and I watched the "Sound of Music" the other night, we never get tired of it. As an aside, Georg Von Trapp's memoir of his time as an Imperial U-Boat commander were published last year.

Enjoy your trip and have a Happy New Year. Be sure and let us know what the militaria market is like in Austria.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Happy New Year to all!!

A bit of a change of topic. Does anyone know if/when Bundesmarine (Navy) officers stopped wearing the blue-topped visor caps? Not really my area but just curious. Subsequent looking around shows only the white visor caps. Just curious when the blue top went away?
                            Last edited by SprogCollector; 01-01-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Well as I stated before when Bundeswehr items were really cheap I tore them up for the buttons and the peak caps for the bills and liners for reenacting. This is all I have left or added since then. There are a few items I converted to WW2 too. now that I see Bundeswehr items going up and collectable I think I might complete what I have so far.
                              Let me know what you think and Thanks Guys.
                              Joe
                              Attached Files

Comment

Luft. IKE style jacket the shoulder boards had some kind of rank on them at on time but not when I purchaced it. I paid $6.95 for it back in the mid 80's
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by MaxxBrunn1938; 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X