CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that there are 2 different greens, but as I wrote, there is only one green in the Regulation. Maybe they're made by mistake. The official one is the lighter green. Both types are the older Felt ones for the Greatcoat which is out of Service for a long time.
    With the back of the Police Boards: It let me feel much more TR as before.
    Never saw a PW Sample on any chart or Uniform.
    Nico

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
      I try do do some pictures as I installed the complete set on a mannequin...
      And here we go...a little walkaround.

Regards,

Jens

Comment

jens - Nice display! When are we going to see the rest of him?

Where did you source your early G-3 with CETME style wooden furniture? Very impressive.

TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by werner p. View Post
          Very interesting thread guys !

I am looking for more information about the bundeswehr zeltbahn in splittertarnmüster.
          Does anyone have a manual of these or a Heeresdienstvorschrift ???

Thanks for letting me know

werner
          Werner - As far as I know, the BW used the "amoebatarn" zelt in the early years with the Bundesgrenzschutz using the splittertarnmüster zelt. The picture below shows a Wehrmacht zelt resting on top of the BGS model.

You can see that BGS model is lighter, was reversible to white and much larger than the WH model. The picture is from Wehrmacht Camouflage Uniforms and Post-War Derivatives by Daniel Peterson. Sorry, I don't have any official sources available.

Take care - TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yossarianlives View Post
            re. 60s/70s Y-straps, am i correct in thinking the top front straps which connect to the ammo pouches? what about the straps below - are they connected to a combat pack when worn as per NVA scale of issue? i thought perhaps they might connect to the D-rings at the top of either side of the bread bag when it is worn on the rear of the belt (i know these are also used to fit a strap when it is carried as a musette bag)?

naturally i have already referenced german WW2 equipment, as with DDR web gear, but the top- and bottom-front straps are reversed regarding which one pivots, and 60s/70s bread bag is a totally different item to the wartime brotbeutel...

please let me know as i've finally got the components together and i want to fit my rig together correctly
            yossarianlives - As we seen in the nice pictures from Asbjoern, no dangling straps were allowed by the BW. Here is a picture of officers from Fallschirmjaegerbataillon 261 showing how the straps were configured with minimal gear.

Take care - TJ
            Attached Files

Comment

Asbjoern, thankyou for the pics.

so the Aufschiebeschlaufen are fitted just behind the ammo pouches/or halfway between the ammo pouches and the centre back of the belt?

when the brotbeutel was worn at the back of the belt the rear strap of the koppeltragegestell was attached directly to the D-ring on the top of the bag and an Aufschiebeschlaufen not fitted to the rear belt to attach it to, right?

i would have thought those straps were fitted to the D-rings at the bottom of the rucksack when worn though, as with NVA sturmgepack though, no?

does anyone have a source for unissued koppeltragegestell, or the leather cover for the e-tool? i bought a couple of what were listed as an unused set of the Y-straps on ebay.de but they appear worn...

also, when was the metal canister for the gas mask replaced by the rubber bag?

Comment

Asbjoern, thankyou for the pics.

so the Aufschiebeschlaufen are fitted just behind the ammo pouches/or halfway between the ammo pouches and the centre back of the belt?

when the brotbeutel was worn at the back of the belt the rear strap of the koppeltragegestell was attached directly to the D-ring on the top of the bag and an Aufschiebeschlaufen not fitted to the rear belt to attach it to, right?

i would have thought those straps were fitted to the D-rings at the bottom of the rucksack when worn though, as with NVA sturmgepack though, no?

does anyone have a source for unissued koppeltragegestell, or the leather cover for the e-tool? i bought a couple of what were listed as an unused set of the Y-straps on ebay.de but they appear worn...

also, when was the metal canister for the gas mask replaced by the rubber bag?

You're right with your thought! Also the Kampftasche klein was fixed with the Y-Straps. Otherwise it would be uncomfortable when you have to jump down to the ground and the Bag is on top of your helmet.

Comment

ah thanx, please reply regarding brotbeutel/answers to my other questions if you know

Comment

@TJ: Yes, its a 1964 build H + K G3 and was originaly equipped with the wooden shaft set - not only a feature of the CETME guns. I purchased it on a gun show some years ago here in germany. In the pictures it looks better then it is in real as it is welded together again after it was demilitarized by cutting the gun completely in two halves ... the Bundeswehr is not very keen on their guns becoming dekos (most of the guns are scrapped by melting them down in a siemens martin oven completely...) . To get the old wooden shaft set was the easiest part as the BW held these parts in their depots until they started to phase out the G 3 some years ago ... the lokal market is a bit flooded by these parts... it was no problem to get even a near to new set for my G3 clone ....
                    The only picture where is more to see is this older one... I `ll do some more soon...

@yossarianlives: I think that several combinations are possible...as long as no loose ends where hanging around! Some more info is found here
                    http://www.multi-board.com/board/ind...se+kampftasche

The best way to get to a near to new y- strap is to order from a company as Räer in hildesheim (www.raeer.com should be the url. ...). This should not cost more ten 5 € plus postage... they even got more interesting stuff but beware: All type of Kampftaschen, rucksack and most of the moleskin clothing is repro!! Original stock from BW depot ran out years ago as the olive green BW clothing is a type of clothing widely spread as working suit in western germany!
                    The tin canister for the ABC mask was replaced by the "banana" pouch from the early 60ies onwards.

Jens
                    Last edited by Asbjoern; 02-17-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

@TJ: Yes, its a 1964 build H + K G3 and was originaly equipped with the wooden shaft set - not only a feature of the CETME guns. I purchased it on a gun show some years ago here in germany. In the pictures it looks better then it is in real as it is welded together again after it was demilitarized by cutting the gun completely in two halves ... the Bundeswehr is not very keen on their guns becoming dekos (most of the guns are scrapped by melting them down in a siemens martin oven completely...) . To get the old wooden shaft set was the easiest part as the BW held these parts in their depots until they started to phase out the G 3 some years ago ... the lokal market is a bit flooded by these parts... it was no problem to get even a near to new set for my G3 clone ....
                      The only picture where is more to see is this older one... I `ll do some more soon...

@yossarianlives: I think that several combinations are possible...as long as no loose ends where hanging around! Some more info is found here

The best way to get to a near to new y- strap is to order from a company as Räer in hildesheim (www.raeer.com should be the url. ...). This should not cost more ten 5 € plus postage... they even got more interesting stuff but beware: All type of Kampftaschen, rucksack and most of the moleskin clothing is repro!! Original stock from BW depot ran out years ago as the olive green BW clothing is a type of clothing widely spread as working suit in western germany!
                      The tin canister for the ABC mask was replaced by the "banana" pouch from the early 60ies onwards.

Jens
                      They also buy from Sturm as most of the other dealers.
                      I kept BW stuff for many Years and now I find it from time to time in my large storages.
                      Gas mask Canisters I have some left as I got them from a friend before he scraped his remainig 12 Tons. (Yes 12.000 kilos)
                      I also have some boxes of the "Filzlaus" Uniforms for normal Army and Mountain Troops, Gas Mask Bags with Zipper, the newer Roll-Top Atomkoffer etc. If anybody's looking for something special, feel free to PM.
                      Nico
                      P.S.: Also G3 Shafts in Wood or plastic are available, Set of 3 with Shaft Handguard and grip.

Comment

nico - yes, i'd be interested in gas mask bag with zipper, BGS feldflasche, large kampftasche, leather klappspaten cover, tri-fold klappspaten + plastic case (original BW, not copy), 80cm belt/'huftgurt' for use with flecktarn web gear, koppeltragegestell, taschenlampe (old + new models, boxed) - all new/unissued

Comment

nico - yes, i'd be interested in gas mask bag with zipper, BGS feldflasche, large kampftasche, leather klappspaten cover, tri-fold klappspaten + plastic case (original BW, not copy), 80cm belt/'huftgurt' for use with flecktarn web gear, koppeltragegestell, taschenlampe (old + new models, boxed) - all new/unissued
                          Give me a while to go through the Boxes. I'm not 100% sure in what corner they are but I think most of the Stuff is in Stock. And you can be sure: When I offer original Stuff, I sell it and no repros. Miltec Stuff you'll get only by special prepaid order with no chance of a return as I don't want to have the Stuff in my storage.

Comment

Jens

Jens - Nice set-up. I like the view of the toileten papier, the soldier's best friend. Thanks for the tips. I look forward to seeing your new pictures.

TJ

Comment

Price Question!

Here I have a little Price Question!
                              What is this?
                              Very usefull but also very Rare. Found a Box in an old POW Camp.
                              Used in the Early Bundeswehr.
                              I don't know any dealer who had them for sale.
                              The first who finds out, will get it for free.
                              If not, I'll tell all of you next week when I'm back.
                              Nico
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by uscob; 02-19-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

i know! its the retaining clip to hold lens cleaning cloth in gas mask canister

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 47 users online. 0 members and 47 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X