FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Bundeswehr lover in all of us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi TJ and Jens,

my older brother told me something

The solders had different names for the Wollplüschjache and the Wollplüschhose.

One was "Bärenfell" = bearskin, the other was "Teddy" or Teddy-Unterwäsche = teddy underwear.

And he told me, that the Kampfanzug (Fleckentarnung) was thin and cold, but with the teddies it was very warm in normal and not extreme cold winter's days.

Regards
    Uwe

Comment

Uwe - It's great to get first hand information on these rare pieces from actual veterans.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

TJ

Comment

Early use of the Shoulder Board

Gents - A fairly routine picture of a BW staff call, but one that does show early use of the slip-on shoulder board with the "felt-louse" battle dress. The picture is dated SEP 1962.

It is presented here with a scan of an older model shoulder board from my collection.

Old news I know to many, but not to me....

Take care - TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

"Hoover" Era Greni

Gents - here's a reconstruction of an early 1990s era (aka Hoover era) panzergrenadier.

First view is no equipment with beret. Note that our "horse shoe sergeant", Unteroffizier Noll, has earned the U.S. Expert Infantryman Badge.

TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Next up, frontal view.
            Attached Files

Comment

In getting ready for the field, Unteroffizier Noll has exchanged his beret for a field cap.
              Attached Files

Comment

Unteroffizier Noll has donned his load bearing equipment, seen here from the rear.
                Attached Files

Comment

Front view, soft cap has been exchanged for a steel helmet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another view, just before the platoon leader told him to square away the loose chin strap...
                    Attached Files

Comment

To avoid trouble with the platoon daddy, he grabs a helmet from one of his squaddies. It features an early version of the "new" flecktarn camoflauge pattern helmet cover.

Horrido! - TJ
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice display there! You even have the G3!

Just curious if you found all of the items named to "Noll" or sewed names and badges on yourself. Finding named items like that seems near impossible, not to mention entire set with all insignia (at least for me). I ask, because I search for complete sets like that an never find them.

That rifle badge not look German and not in Der Reibert. I presume it some type of foreign markmanship badge? Also, was it standard pratice to sew nametape to field cap?

regards
                        Klaus

Comment

Klaus - true confessions time, I put it all together.

Everything you see however, I have either personally witnessed, and or can prove with photographic evidence (aka "the Viktor standard").

Unteroffizier Noll has spent way to much time with his U.S. partnerschaft unit, the 3rd Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment (Mechanized). Not only has he earned the U.S. Expert Field Infantryman Badge (like the actual BW soldier seen here), but he is starting to copy the "amis" by sewing "cat eyes" and his name tag to the back of his patrol cap.The name on the rear of the schnuffi carrier is a pure BW habit.

Typically, you'd probably only see one of these "Americanisms" on a typical greni at any one time. I have taken full collector's license on this recreation.

Take care - TJ
                          Attached Files

Comment

TJ,

Questions -

1-What does (aka "the Viktor standard") mean?
                            2-My understanding of the U.S. Expert Infantry man's badge was that it could only be awarded as a result of time spent in combat. True? If that is still the case then the German para could have been awarded the badge for time in Afghanistan but where would a 1990s German infantry man qualify for one?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hi!

Cool, the uniforms I wore in duty are now collectable items
                              That´s a sign I am becoming older.

Very nice uniform!

My understanding of the U.S. Expert Infantry man's badge was that it could only be awarded as a result of time spent in combat.
                              No, the Combat Infantry Man´s Badge (CIB) is for combat duty.
                              The EIB is like the German "Leistungsabzeichen".
                              I made mine in Baumholder in 1998 during an exchange with the US Mech Inf.

The heavily simplified Suspenders (Koppeltragehilfe) were very disliked by the troops. We (engineers) were quite happy to get the older suspenders.

I really love your old German stuff, I am thinking of start a collection, too. ... Oh no, better not...

Comment

Genossen,
                                That had me going too... .... likely to it is "Historical Documented"... e.g. a Period Photo.....

Nice Mannequin Complex you have used...I rather like the Earlier Pouches though....

As a Side line I have now got a copy of "Der Reibert Das Handbuch fuer den Soldaten HEER" .... MITTLER....Ausgabe 1977/1978 ISBN 3 87547 122 9

Interesting stuff..
                                Last edited by Viktor; 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM. Reason: Countering Gangster Imperialism....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X